Going away for a month, dating a girl

So I have been dating this girl for the last few weeks and everything is going great. Neither one of us is seeing anyone else. We have not slept together yet as I see real potential with this girl. Now, my work has told me to go overseas for a month. How do I maintain her interest while I am away? I am going to Afghanistan so the time difference is 11 hours and internet access is limited.

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone below is saying don't contact her at all? No I don't agree with that... You can send her an email keeping in touch and asking how she's doing. But no more- and don't be mushy! Other than that... you're good. Come back and see if things pick up where you guys left them off!

What Girls Said 1

• Email her often and keep it in your pants.

What Guys Said 2

• Email the best you can. And hopefully she'll be there when you get back.

• Great question man! I'm assuming you've been on 2-3 dates. She already knows if you are worth waiting on or not. Constant communication will not raise her interest level.The opposite will occur. Just tell her that you'll be gone for a month...don't say anything else. See what she says in response. It might sound crazy...but you need to cut off ALL communication while you're gone. If she is worth your time when you return..she'll be eagerly waiting for you.

If she was your official gf...sure...you could email...maybe text whatever. At this point in the game...no. This is where technology has hurt dating IMO. For all you know...she might have no intentions of ever being your girlfriend. We don't know. If she waits a month for you to return...you'll have a pretty good idea that she's very much into you.

I believe the saying goes...Distance makes the heart grow fonder.