Telling someone about your medical life/past

When dating someone or talking to a potential date/boyfriend/girlfriend, etc., when would you let them know about your medical life, current or in the past?

I am defined by the state as disabled. As I've mentioned in the past, I have kidney disease which have led to two transplants. While this doesn't require me to have assistance with walking, special accommodations for stuff, etc., it is a big part of my daily life.

Couple things that stand out are that I go to doctors appointments almost weekly (mostly blood work). Another thing is that I may not be able to father any children due to my condition. I also tend to get sick often due to little to no immune system.

So, I'm wondering if you were in my shoes, would you tell the other person these things prior to dating them or somewhere along the relationship?

My thoughts were, prior because you won't have to waste any time or money if the other person couldn't handle dating a disabled person or someone who possibly couldn't have children. The latter because I wouldn't want to pour my whole life, especially about my health, right away.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it would depend on the person. If you just had something casual, I might not tell them. Girlfriend potential I would tell them sooner than later.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally don't waste time telling people things like that, however I would tell a person how much I weigh and how tall I am, but I don't really share details. I haven't been to the Dr. in a while (so glad) and I don't think the person would really wanna hear it anyway cause I sure don't lol

What Guys Said 0