Do you know of girls who absolutely hate affection?

I've talked to some girls who say they really don't like affection, cuddling, and so on. To me I think the media has made girls look like they like it but I know some girls just aren't that type.

If you don't like affection, cuddling, and so on can you tell me what about it causes you not to want to?

Or maybe you know of a girl who hates affection, maybe you could explain why she doesn't if you know her well enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a girl and I am not in any of this things. It may be because I am too young to understand "true love", but I don't think I'll ever like staying in one place and just holding hands and hugging and stuff. Some females have been too affected by the movies, books, etc., but truth be told, all these are made to show a "real love". And girls start to think if they don't do that it's not true. Bullsh*t, ya know. But back to the question .. I don't like affection, cuddling, ..., because whenever I do something like this there is an awkward silence, I feel uncomfortable and all I want to is to get away from this person, no matter if like him or not. I feel like this dude is getting way to nice and I prefer a boy who would rather have fun and talk then a guy who'll hold my hand, write poetry and "look deep in my eyes". I need a friend, I'd have deeper feelings for, then a hopeless romantic I can't get a converstaion straight with. And I know I am getting too deep in this and not all guys who like affection are some poetry writers and stuff, but when they start to kiss my nose and cheeks and blah. I automatiqually start to think they are like this. Voila.

• Yea this is the kind of stuff I think that makes affection seems really weird. Poetry writing is one of the biggest turn offs I could ever imagine. To me it is just a fickle attempt to be emotional without truly having emotions for someone.

What Girls Said 20

• My mother is that way. I think mainly because her mother didn't give her much in the way of affection when she was a child. She always had a good relationship with my grandpa, but it didn't seem to fill the void, because she was just as distant and cold emotionally toward me when I was growing up. Luckily, it had the opposite effect on me, probably because of my dad's influence. I'm much more like my father, I have no problem giving and accepting affection from others. I crave it and am affectionate to just about everyone I care for, unless I know they're the type who don't like it, lol.

I don't mean that I cuddle with friends or hang all over them and hold their hands, lol. I mean little subtle gestures of affection, or with words.

• Im not into affection when I don't have feelings for the guy. I may want sex but if I don't trully love him, I find myself thinking "when is he leaving! Gah! He snores like an old WWI plane! I don't like his smell." Then on the other hand if I do love him and I'm really into him, I crave being hugged, I crave holding hands and cuddling after sex.

• I don't like it. I don't particularly like being touched. At all. My family doesn't do hugs or kisses or whatnot. We just don't touch.

So I guess it's the way I was raised. I just don't like it. I need my space and everyone else needs theirs.

• My boyfriend gave me a hug once and he wanted it to be all sweet and embrace-y and I was like, "K...can we be done now?" I'm a horrible person.

• IF they don't like affection they are probably not interested in the guy. Maybe their using him or maybe they don't have feelings for any guy they are ever with.

• i agree from what I've experienced and seen everyone (guys and girls) has their own different limit for cuddles and affection, ..., but girls are stereotyped more as being the affectionate ones, overly lovey-dovey, wanting their bf's to hold our hands on every occasion, so people notice it more when a girl isn't like that.

• I suppose that if a girl does not like a guy, she won't want affection from HIM. I've honestly never met a girl who didn't want a guy she liked to be affectionate with her.

• I don't like ?PDA? while most girls say Awww I say eww. I don't know why but its just like that. I know you might say ?she doesn't have a boyfriend so she doesn't like it.? when I did have a boyfriend I didn't like it and I'm pretty sure I won't like it now. To me PDA is showing the world that you have someone..yeah its nice but at the end of the day, who cares?�

• I'm not sure what it is, I've never been a touchy feely person...so now that I'm dating someone. it's odd to me, I want to hold his hand and link arms, stuff like that, but I'm too scared to.

• I like to give affection and get it back but I don't know it when the person tries to mole me.

• I have issues with affection if the other person is not my boyfriend or someone I'm dating. Then I'd rather not touch and I feel dirty afterward. If my boyfriend wants to be affectionate, then I'm on board. I'm weird.

• None that I know personally

• I kind of do if we're newly dating. I was raised by a cold step mother but I'm naturally awkward when it comes to showing affection. It's really hard for me

• I like affection and cuddling but I do not want to be smothered. I need my space too. Some guys don't understand that concept and I end up coming off insensitive.

• some people are like that. But I'm definitely not one of them.

• I have huge issues with hugging/being close with people I don't know very well, because I'm simply not comfortable doing those things with people I'm not sure I can trust. The only people I can hug/be affectionate with are family members, my best friends and my crushes. I've never been the affectionate type to begin with either (a few years ago I even hated hugging my best friends) so I definitely have my limits. PDA disgusts me. And yeah.. that's about it lol.

• PDA to me is too attention craving and I'm not into that either. It's like they can't let go of each other for 2 seconds.

• Yeah. I'm fine with people holding hands and giving each other a quick hug or even a peck. But I've seen too many couples eat each others' faces off in the middle of the sidewalk. It's gross, awkward and completely unnecessary...

• Lol can't say I do

• Yes, my big sister is like that. I think it's really annoying and frustrating for guys who want to get close to her. Growing up, it always used to hurt my feelings and make me feel rejected when she wouldn't give me hugs. I don't know why she's like that, but I definitely think it's an undesirable trait.

• I don't like to cuddle. Lets just hook up and sh*t

• we are human and have feelings.

when you are in love or fall in love you want that feeling, you want be loved and you want to show your love. one way to show is to hold hands, hug, touch..

even animals show affection

those who are not into is because they don't ilke you that way. or like suckatlove said, too young...

or like Cromatic said, have some childhood issues...or has issues ...

• I know a few, my mother being one. She's not much of a hugger with other people either.

She just isn't very nurturing, isn't super touchy-feely.

What Guys Said 2

• I know of three. At least one doesn't like it because she believes it just is "The Man" forcing her down. One other due to molestation and grooming. I have no idea on the last one; she's got a personality though that would combat it naturally.

• Yeah I do, she didn't like holding hands either. Just a min. of me touching her hand was enough to give her an anxiety attack. She had a bunch of other different quarks regarding affection to. She had a HORRENDOUS child hood. History of molestation, abandonment issues, unresponsive or caring mother. I know it's not fair but I avoid women like that if at all possible.

• Well there's the reason. Be patient with her and kudos to you for not judging her or getting irritated

• QA you shouldn't worry. Do you feel you won't be to understanding enough? or have the patience?

• I'm pretty understanding due to the fact that I am upfront. I am just finding it odd how the media makes girls look like lovey-dovey types yet when I meet a mix of girls, only some are like that and others can just be flat out cold-hearted. It's just a mixed bag. But I am noticing more and more nowadays that girls I meet are getting less and less affectionate then when I was growing up.