Do long term friendships have potential for more?

So as it happens so often these days, I've fallen for this girl who I have known for many years

we never were that close and our history hasn't been that great either, but we've been talking a lot lately

now she always knew I liked her I finally admitted it to her and told her I wanted to date her and she said we could hang out but not to expect much she just got out of a relationship

so we go together recently and a simple movie date turned into this incredible night of laughing and sharing so much about ourselves till way past her "curfew" she even texted me afterward thanking me for the night

my question is if I am patient and keep up what I'm doing could this possibly turn into something more?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course why not. I always say if two best friends married they'd be very happy together. Because they have the understanding they require, their comfortable with each other, their happy with each other. Before another guy swoops her away. Yes it could turn into something significant be patient. Show what a nice guy you are.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course they do, you know what they say; long lasting relationships start with friendship.

You could definitely turn it into something more potentially, although be careful. The risk with trying to change friendships into more is that if you're turned down, not only will you be heart broken, but you'll also lose your close friend of many years.

Try to weight the pros and cons, and after giving her a few more months to make sure she's not just on the rebound, go for it again! :)

• Yes, most definitely. Keep being a nice guy and she'll like you.

• of course ,as long as you aren't pushy you can win her heart

• If you let it, It can go as far as you want it to go

• Possibly, if you like her maybe you should try flirting with her a little and see how she responds.

What Guys Said 5

• Long term friendships actually ARE always 'more' than a friendship. Some people aren't willing or able to move forward with someone they like--family, timing, other romantic ties--so they accept being 'friends' for varying lengths of time.

But at least one of the parties always has deeper feelings that the other person usually pretty much knows about, but doesn't acknowledge openly, until the time and circumstances are right.

For you the time and circumstances are rightl...but they probably won't be for long, so don't dilly dally..!

• No. Well unlikely. She has friend zoned you and although it isn't impossible to get out, its near impossible.

Sorry buddy

Stuey

• It sounds like very possibly. Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan married without really ever dating, and that was probably one of the most loving couples ever.

• Yes, possibly.

• Absolutely. So as long as you realize it is essential that you continue to treat her like a potential mate, - flirting with her, taking her out and making her feel special, etc. can build a strong attraction and connection. That, along with sustaining a friendship with her, can help influence her conscious and subconscious view of you as being more than a just a friend - her potential partner.

It's been noted that many women fall for guys that they have an emotional connection with, so, my good man, it's safe to say that you are on the right path. Continue to be patient and you should be good to go with her.

Good Luck,