Can you be friends with a girl you meet at the super market?

So say for example you're at the grocery store and you introduce yourself to her and ask about her etc. I guess it's just like approaching her as if you want a date minus the part where you tell her how cute she is and all that. You get her number like normal but you just become friends instead of dating. Can a guy do that or is the girl going to think you're going to be asking her on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus man! You need to stop asking questions like this to a bunch of people on the internet, stop reading about the theory of personal relationships and just get out there in the actual world and interact with some REAL people. Believe me--so many people in your age group are so addicted to virtual interaction, if you take this approach, you'll be MILES ahead of your peers socially.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why not. Where she works shouldn't make a difference.

What Guys Said 1

• Targeted to girls I presume.. however, I think it depends on the girl also, I mean if you just approach someone in the super market and its a girl.. and you're a guy.. I feel like the girl is gonna think you are attracted to them and somewhat asking them out a date...

Only because that's human nature.. so the odd are pretty slim.. it depends how you conduct yourself..

Doable but do thing as normal as you would to your same sex... well, not totally lol but just be very casual about it!