Would you consider dating a guy 7 years younger than you if you were about to marry?

I'm 17 and earlier this year I met this amazing girl and started taking music lessons from her. But the thing is she was already engaged with another guy and is 24 years old. Their marriage is schedule for December, so if I'm gonna convince her to leave him and stay with me I only have 3 months left. But I'm starting to wonder if it's madness to do this or even she'll ever consider dating me. I mean, I would really take this relationship seriously, I can imagine myself marrying her, I never felt for any other girl what I feel for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are only 17, this is a long shot, and even on the small chance she would leave somebody she agreed to marry and probably loves. How would you feel breaking up this relationship, just to date someone. For you it's a chance to follow your infatuation with her, for her it's breaking a commitment to someone she loves for a minor.

What Girls Said 16

• She's engaged. She already loves another man. She's not going to leave him for her music student she just met, and it'd be a real jerk move to try to take her from him. Don't be sad, though. You'll feel this way about another girl someday.

• You have absolutely no chance with this girl. Sorry.

• I wouldn't date a 17 year old... I night date a 22 year old if he was educated and extremely mature and extremely unique but that's a 5% chance. With someone my age the odds are higher.

• Sounds rough. If I were you I'd write her a letter, telling her how you feel. It takes the heat off of doing it in person and it gives her a way to let you down gently if she wants to, as one of the answerers said, it could be awkward for her and hard for her to be in that position.

• You guys just watch too much tv, don't you? Dude, this ain't some soap opera. It's real life.

Wake up and smell the coffee, she ain't dating a 17 year old hormonal little kid.

• Well, when you're about to "marry" your dating life is pretty much over, I personally would not go on a date with any other guy, I would be too bussy thinking about the marriage

• she has decided to get married and be engaged. This means that she's taken and you're still young so you'll meet someone else.

• Nooooo. No no no, don't do it. It will not work out the way you hope it will. You will almost certainly be rejected. Respect the fact that she's about to get married and move on.

• LOL. sigh. this question is so cute. I wanna hug you :p

• maybe. my boyfriend is 6 years younger and I want to marry him.

• That seems like a young boys fantasy, just saying.

• 7 years younger yes but if either of us was engaged then no I would not date him.

• It's a fantasy. It's never gonna happen

• No I wouldn't

• At your age cute , But you don't stand a chance .

• that's just a really bad idea. As bad as it sounds, the feelings will go away eventually.pick up, move on, keep yourself busy, and find someone who is your age. if you're meant to be together you will be, but it'll happen naturally, not by you trying to convince her.

What Guys Said 5

• you're gonna convince her to leave him?

i think you should try and be realistic and realize that this isn't going to happen. it's sweet that you are so into her but she is not going to ditch an engagement to date a pre-adult student. it's just going to happen... additionally you should learn right now.

do not mess with people's relationships

• Um... So you're going to convince a woman who has her life planned out and is moving towards a marriage commitment. What do you have going for you as a 17 year old male? I don't mean to sound rude but this sounds like a horrible idea to me.

• Yeah good luck you will need it.

• You're not even 18. You have a crush. Get over it.

• Infatuation!