Online dating-is it a better strategy to look for friends on dating sites, and if you click with someone you

you date them?

from your experience is it better to have your profile say that you're looking for friends, and if you click at any point with someone you date them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I say, leave the option to you. Don't say anything about looking for dates or looking for friends. Just leave that open. Meet with them and then you decide how to handle the situation when it comes.

But don't suggest one intention with the possibility of easing yourself into another one

• well when you fill out your profile you have to specify, so I put "new friends,dating ,short and longterm" I'm not even sure what that suggest to people.

But I'm the type of people who would be more comfortable meeting people in person as friends, then If I click with someone, oh well, good for us. should I switch what I'm looking for to: friends only? I'm new to the online dating thing,trying to get over my crush, don't even know what I want ( I only know that I'm NOT looking for casual sex).

But I'm the type of people who would be more comfortable meeting people in person as friends, then If I click with someone, oh well, good for us. should I switch what I'm looking for to: friends only? I'm new to the online dating thing,trying to get over my crush, don't even know what I want ( I only know that I'm NOT looking for casual sex)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• In my experience, it's better to be as straightforward and honest that you're looking for a relationship. Both so neither your feelings nor someone else's get hurt.

• I have hurt plenty of guys because I took their 'just looking for friends' at face value. It's not a good idea if you are looking for more because people will think you mean it and see you as just a friend or just a fwb.

• so people who say they are looking for friends, they could be looking for "friend with benefits"? that's not right though. :/ because I'm not looking for casual sex, and I feel more comfortable talking to people who are also looking for friends only.

• scary...!

• It varies for each person, but on average I'd say a few weeks. I once met a girl a week after we started talking. A lot of it has to do with their comfort level. There is no one way to do things. Different things work on different people but obviously you wouldn't ask someone out on the first few days of talking to them lol.