Should I even bother apologizing?

So last week I had sex with this guy (David) and before that we really got along well. He's not some random who I met at a party, we know a lot of the same people. One person we both know is his best friend (David), who I had sex with a few times between July 2011-November 2012. Anyways, when I was with David last week, he mentioned Kyle and how they're like brothers and wondered if I'd met him before. I told him yes and nothing else.

Well, I got a text this week from David asking me why I didn't tell him that I had sex with Kyle.

It was in the past and I even told Kyle that I didn't want to hookup with him anymore, this was in June. I actually told a lot of guys that I wasn't interested in having sex anymore, but because I felt a serious connection with Kyle, I went for it when I got the chance. He hasn't text me and I figure he's either mad at me or doesn't care, but wants nothing to do with me.

I know that regardless of what I do, he needs time, but should I apologize or just let it go and not say anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to apologize. What's done is done. It wouldn't have mattered if you told him then or he found out from Kyle. He's probably a little weirded out about having sex with a girl that his best friend has had sex with. If he contacts you..great...if not...then oh well.

What Guys Said 4

• i'd apologize. not some on bended knee forgive me sort of thing but I'd say sorry. it can't hurt. just explain that you weren't sure if you should mention it and didn't want to step on toes or create any rifts amongst friends

• I mean, reassurance is necessary if you care about the situation.

Not necessarily an apology.

But you're not guilty of anything, just shady.

• I'd apologize, it's kinda of a big thing to be interested in a girl and then to find out that your best friend has already tapped dat

• Say nothing.

What Girls Said 2

• If apologize but not drag out out. Just a simple apology then leave the situation alone unless he reaches out to you.

• I mean, I guess you could apologize but you really have nothing to be sorry for.