I dated a man for a year. We went our separate ways because he wasn't looking for a girlfriend, but

kept in touch by emailing and text for another year. About 6 months ago, he told me he loved me and would spend the rest of his life with me when the time came. Although we have not seen each other during this year, he continues to confirm his feelings and his ambition to have a life with me. He states he needs to "finish this chapter" so to speak before he can completely give to me. We are both in our 50's. I'm feeling he's giving it a last hoorah before he settles for good.

Any read on this? Am I being taken?

Most Helpful Guy

• what chapter is he trying to finish?

• I've never had the full disclosure. I feel maybe the "dating" portion.

• i wouldn't hold out. I wouldn't say you're being taken but he is selfishly trying to have his cake and eat it too. essentially it sounds like he wants to keep his options open until some arbitrary time when he decides he will settle down

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0