How many of you compare different girls or guys that you have known or dated?

I've never made comparisons between different women that have been in my life. I only 'rate' women as a hobby, not as some serious part of my feelings for them, and I certainly never think, A was a 7.5, B is only 6.5, as if I were judging animals at the county fair.

I"m so surprised at how many answers there were! People care about this, don't they?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never find myself rating men like numerically... maybe its more of a man thing or I'm just the odd one here lol. But I am guilty of comparing people I've dated, as in comparing a current boyfriend to my ex(es). However I try really hard not to do this because its not fair to the current person in your life and isn't beneficial anyway, as they are exes for a reason lol.

What Girls Said 14

• I would never "rate", but of course I compare! As human beings we analyse stuff and put them into categories, it's natural. If my guy does something nice no one else has done for me I'll think "Wow, X & Y never did that. Cool!", or even if I'm not into guy X anymore I might wonder how I can get the new guy to do the same thing X did which I liked. I do reign myself in a lot to stop myself from being a manipulative bitch, but that is another story ^^

• I don't rate the people I know/crush on, but I do sometimes compare them. Not in a negative light though, I only to analyze their differences and similarities. Like "oh, that's something X never did" or "wow, that's exactly something Y would say" you know. I never put them down/think badly of them in my head. The comparisons sort of just happen naturally to me, and it's not something I pay too much time thinking about.

• I don't rate them, maybe compeare them with each other and mostly categorise them according to personality types genarally. I know which personality types are most compatible with me. BUt this is not only about guys, but people in general. I also categorize them in order to know how to deal with them and to be more likeable myself. I know that some of them will get bored if I talk about some topics that interest me, some others may value me and consider me intelligent.

To rate them I have to consider a lot of factors, while comparison comes naturally to my brain.

• How many of you compare different girls or guys that you have known or dated?

I compare guys using a the typical rating scale of 1-10 of physical attractiveness.

• I do. I don't really rate people with numbers, I do more of a overall judging. like K was a lot more fun and better company than D but L was kinder and more reliable. everyone has their pros and cons

• i don't rate them but I compare them to each other. try to find patterns and lessons.

• Yeah of course. I like to look at each relationship, the positives and negatives of that particular guy, and what I learned from the experience. ,

• i compared them based on how they treated me, their personalities, stuff like that

• I don't rate them, but I do compare to see what they have in common. If they're a lot alike, then there's the danger that the relationship will end the same way as it did with the other person, so I keep an eye out for any of those behaviors.

• I don't even rate animals. its degrading.

and yeah nope. I don't compare people. I do look at how my behavior towards them is similar or different and what I'm doing differently how we relate similarly or differntly so I can learn... . but I don't rate their status.

• I don't rate them, but I do compare them to see similarities or differences.

• I measure their cocks but I don't compare them for emotion or ability. I love my husband and all my dates.

• I have never done that. Each person is different and each relationship has a different dynamic.

Everyone has there good areas and bad areas so comparing them is silly.

• You shouldn't rate a women if you don't want her rating your penis in public

What Guys Said 9

• I don't rate or compare them because I dated these girls at different times in my life. I can't compare the girl I dated when I was 14 to the girl I dated a week ago. I was at a different place maturity wise. I'm sure that the kind of things I appreciate now are different to what I appreciated at 14. I can't compare because in the one instance I knew more about the person than the other instance and may not fully explore the tastes I had earlier on to compare to my current taste

• I don't really rate them. Too subjective and hard to define.

I do compare in certain ways. For instance, my first girlfriend was brilliant and sexy, but was also manipulative and apathetic in important areas.

My second and I weren't really on the same page intellectually, but she was really sweet and very cute.

A girl I dated once before she move away, she was very much a hippie and a mystic, she was brilliant in those ways, AND she was sexy, AND very empathetic. It was sometimes hard to keep a discussion going between my engineering/mathematical mind and her more mystical mind, but we still chat to this day.

But I wouldn't actually create a particular hierarchy between them. Just strengths and weaknesses for each, which made each of them unique, and dating them was an independent experience each time.

• I would only review and try to compare compatibility of women when I am not dating anyone. I wanted to see which women were a closer match for me and me to her. I don't recall ever trying to measure anything sexual. That's important, but I always looked at this as something that can be developed.

Personality

Intelligence

Well-traveled

Voice

Positive outlook

Fun factor

Wide interests

Attractiveness

My compatibility to her - Religion, Politics, other expectations

I would just see who had higher scores to see what type of woman would be good to look for in the future. I never thought of the results meant that anyone was better than another, more trying to understand what worked.

• not openly, but I don't know how much I believe it, not calling you a lier but I think it's a subconcious thing. For example I'll think damn I never had to deal with this sh*t with abby or come on she really doesn't "screw" like liza etc

but each person brings something different to the table

• wow, good point. I never really realized it until now, but after I sleep with a woman, I don't really think of her rating anymore. But yeah, interesting observation that made me realize, the rating system seems to only apply pre-sex lol. Maybe because I form some kind of bond with whoever I sleep with, they become exempt from the rating system lol. Girls I've dated w/o sleeping with can still be rated.

that being said, I can probably make a conscious effort and compare the ratings of the girls I've slept with fairly easily.

• yeah, that's probly because they already passed on the scale

• I guess I'd need a more specific explanation/example on what you're reaching for.

• though I suppose those are mostly contrasts. I could compare and find similarities too, I suppose. X and Y loved cooking for me. A and B were both very selfless, etc.

• All I do is rate. Rate! Rate! All the time. It's an addiction. I don't know how to stop-

• After all, we are human animal. The world is just a big county fair, so welcome to the fair, my friend!

• I do the same as you martyfellow :-)

• I don't give them arbitrary numbers, I just judge and compare based on my experiences and feelings about them, as human beings