Softer beard hair for kissing?

I'm a guy. I wear a beard and mustache (hey, I don't drag sharp blades across my skin, and I don't demand my partners do). But my girlfriend says kissing can sometimes be prickly.

Has anyone found something that works to soften the hair or make it less prickly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't condition it without shampooing it beforehand because it will end-up appearing greasy. My boyfriend has done it before and it looked a bit yucky. Shampoo it and THEN condition it but not for a long time.

My boyfriend has a beard (not a long one, just noticeable) and now that he trims it, I've noticed that when he does trim it and keep it in check, it gets softer. As for the mustache he shaves it most of the time but when he has it, it's kind of prickly, we haven't figured out what to do with it. >.>

What Girls Said 3

• olive oil.

• How long would you leave olive oil on? Or is it a case of "put a little on in the morning and then go about your day"?

• I think you heat it up and leave it on for a bit...then wash it out.Its like a hot oil treatment but for your beard.Girls...well...some girls do it all of the time to our hair.

• conditioner.

• deep conditioning

What Guys Said 5

• When I had a beard, I'd massage it with puss from boils on the backs of Polish farmers, and it seemed to do the trick. Of course, the plane fare finally got to be too much so I shaved it off.

• I'd say grow it longer. The shorter hairs are, the more prickly.

Klimt, love it.

• conditioner and don't shampoo it...

• Grow it, and try conditioning it for poop and giggles

• Good question. My beard hair is also really coarse and I'd like to soften it. I've tried conditioner, but it only softens it a little bit.