Ok I'm a mess. I have an amazing boyfriend but I want to date. HELP

I have this AMAZING boyfriend and he is like my best friend. I have been going through a lot of medical trials lately and wasn't able to date. But he was there for me through everything, he even would hold my hair back while I would be throwing up.

But I turned 16 while I was still was sick and my best friend became my boyfriend. Now that I am so much better I want to go on dates and have fun! I just want the dating experience in high school because I already missed a year of High School already. But the problem is I know I am in love with my boyfriend/best friend and I don't want to hurt/lose him and I don't think I would get asked out anyway... I know I'm a mess... but please I need the advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait.. So you have a boyfriend that you say you love yet you still want to date other people? I think that it is time you let you boyfriend go and find someone who will fully appreciate him and you can go and have your experiences without being a burden to anyone. It really is simple but your selfishness is blinding you. Again please break up with your boy and allow him to find someone who will make him great

What Guys Said 4

• You need to breakup with this guy so another girl can have him. You're going to accept him :

1) possibly being bitter because he felt used (now that you're healthy you choose to dump him; that would make most guys a bit hateful in the least)

2) him dating and seeing other people, just like you are.

• Sounds like you need to go through the stage in life where you date a bunch of guys until you find out what kinds you go for. Nothing wrong with that. You have to do what makes you happy, it will suck for him, but he will get over it.

• Break up with your boyfriend and just date around. Tell him you thank him for helping you through a hard time in your life and that he deserves much better than you.Or you could just marry him as he seems like your soul mate.

• you can't just leave him you are made for each other just date him some more and then get married don't let every thing you have been through go to waste

What Girls Said 3

• Ever heard the quote "don't leave the one you love for the one you like?" But you're young and if being tied down is not for you, go have fun, experiment, and figure out what you like. Just make sure you won't regret it. Do what's best for you.

• You need to break up with him before you hurt him. Having been hurt, it sucks and it's an awful feeling to be with someone that does not want to be with you.

• I don't think you really do love him if you want to be with other poeple