How many months should one date to be called a girlfriend or bf?

I just started seeing this guy and he is already calling me his gf.. we only have been out 3x and it doesn't seem that it's the right time to be saying that already.. how long should one wait to be called a girlfriend or bf?

Most Helpful Guy

• how many months? wow. my girlfriend told me she loved me after about 3weeks. I thought that was fast but at that put I definitely considered her my girlfriend. I think if you are considering waiting months I'd wonder what your hesitation is to set definitions in your relationships.

all that said there is no hard and fast rule. it's when you feel comfortable. I wouldn't say that after 3x's is out of the question but it does seem a bit quick on the other hand waiting months seems like too it's long. In which I mean hopefully within a month you should be able to determine whether or not a guy is someone you'd like to call a bf

What Guys Said 3

• Really depends on the people and the amount of time spent together in X period of time.

Though anything less than a month is questionable to me. Unless you guys spend almost every day together. ...which is still questionable.

• It takes 2 people to decide if and when to be exclusive or not. The amount of time is always going to be different. I always let the girl bring up the exclusive talk. However, if she doesn't bring up boyfriend/girlfriend talk by the 10th date or so...I begin to assume she has low interest in me, and or I have done things wrong. Your guy sounds like a inexperienced moron to put it bluntly.

• I don't think there should be timeframes on things like that, I think they should all happen naturally and when both parties are comfortable. I mean the King of Jordan said he had love at first site for his wife, Queen Rania. I don't blame him though, she's incredible.

What Girls Said 2

• Becoming exclusive should be talked about before either one of you start claiming the other yours. There's really not set time frame. Different people click faster than others, and sometimes it takes others a little bit longer to commit, but I think when you BOTH are ready that should be the best time. You should tell him you're not ready.

• its a choice the both of you have to make and talk about