How long should I wait for this guy to reply?

I met this guy on an online dating site, we do have a pretty high percentage match (97%). We had been talking for a couple of weeks by sending each other long lengthy messages about what we liked and we seemed to have a lot in common. Last week, we had our first Skype "date" for an hour and a half, I have to admit I was nervous, but overall I think it went good. He even suggested at the end we Skype again soon. I emailed him a few days later because I hadn't heard much from him. Here's the message I sent: "Hi, I hope your week is going well. I take it you don't want to talk anymore, so out of respect, I wanted to send a quick farewell to say I wish you the best." He replied saying : "On the contrary, I've gone home for a family emergency. I'll be in touch."

I understand family emergency but its been almost a week now since he sent that message. Should I give up on this guy and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he wants to talk to you, he'll contact you. That's what I've learned. Don't send him another message, though.

What Guys Said 1

• YOU scared him away with that message! IF he still calls you after that message you sent him it would be a week or two.

What Girls Said 1

• To be honest your message was a little off putting in my opinion and you could of scared him of which such bluntness. Anyway as for waiting put yourself into other things,keep busy and if he doesn't contact you move on. Don't send him another message.