How do you get a guy to open up more?

yeah that's just my question :) (while dating)

...the guy I'm dating is so protected he's like a brick..

Most Helpful Girl

• You get him to open up by making yourself more relatable and understanding. The more he knows you are trustworthy, understanding and the more he sees you two can relate it many ways, the more it will be easier for him to open up.

I've done this with people who are super close to me, to people who've I've just met in person, and even online.

What Guys Said 3

• Not all people feel the need to open up and share their inner thought and emotions with others. Many women might want to that themselves and often feel that if a man doesn't want to do that then there is something wrong with him in need of fixing.

Sometimes you just have to accept that different people have different needs and different ways to express themselves.

On the other hand. If this guy is shy and nervous with a low self esteem then this might be a factor for him to keep more things to him self. A method to make him open up more would be to make him feel comfortable, feel that you are not judgmental and be a generally accepting, caring and humble person.

And if you share personal things (not just your problems and ex boyfriends, etc) then he might do the same.

• some guys are quite inhibited about talking a lot. Its in general not very machismo to be super open and talkative. But it depends on who he is and his personality.

How do you get him to open up? hmm it could be as easy as finding a subject in common that you both really like. Find out what things he really likes and do a little research yourself on something that catches your eye in those areas. Could be anything . If you try and nothing comes of it though, like you're putting in effort and he's not doing anything, then maybe consider that with this guy it will always be like that and do you want to always feel like its hard to talk to him? Not trying to say that's what it is but be mentally prepared just in case

• Guys are not supposed open up and emote.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he's just vapid. why do you assume there's anything in there. also some people are just private. if he's a private person you have to accept that or move on. otherwise just share things. but it sounds like you're probably doing that as it is.