Why do only guys befriend me online?

Hello:

I am new to this website, and I really enjoying answering questions, sharing my opinions with others. I really dislike Facebook. I try my best to answer question to the best of my knowledge. I am not here to date, etc... but to have fun helping others and befriend (GIRLS & GUYS).

But why is it that only guys befriend online (in general)? Is it because the majority of girls get online to do only perverted stuff, and are not interested in befriending other females, etc...?

Girls how does it work for you online?

Guys do you befriend males? Or just females?

And why exactly?

I know this is somehow a "stupid question," no need to remind me that okay? This is my first question here, and I am just curious ^.^.

Arigato

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they want nudes. Don't give your nudes to them.

• I have posted picture of myself to not appear "fake," and also because I have nothing to hide. But yeah, I wouldn't give nude picture of myself.. No-way!

What Guys Said 9

• I may have befriended a person or two that I talked to but honestly I just get random friend requests from girls but am not sure who they are. Some come to me with drama. I may have gotten a few friend invites from guys. I remember one giving me a wall of text of some garbage drama and I think he blocked me when I didn't care about reading it.

• Wow... really? When you say "Drama" you mean- they shared something person with you?

• Yea there used to be a tab at the bottom of the page that let you message your friends. I think it was called "Meebo chat" or something.

• I wonder why they removed it though...

• on this site I friend both genders.

i think most people (including myself) would probably have more "friends" of the opposite gender. I'm not sure why that is. it is probably a comfort level with "friending" someone of the opposite as opposed to the same sex where assumptions or presumptions may be made.

i don't think this is a stupid question. actually pretty interesting

• Thanks... It's good to know you balance the situation.

• I think this is pretty normal. Most of the people who have sent me friend requests have been women but I don't think any had romantic interest in me given my age. I think that people have an easier time opening up about difficult matters to strangers of the opposite sex. You may also notice that most answers to the questions are by people of the opposite sex as well.

• Probably because they find you attractive or maybe its because you come off as a cool chick. Based off your profile you sound interesting. You like manga, anime, and video games things that a lot of us guys love, so we find it attractive when girls are into it too. You speak all the languages I hope and plan on learning. Right now I'm struggling with Spanish so I know Japanese is going to be really difficult. Do you have a PS3? How would you rate Dragon Ball Z?

• Thanks. Yes I personally have an Xbox but thanks to my brother I have access to his PS3 and Wii Nintendo, because he also lives with us. My favorite adventure game in Wii is Zelda. (I remember playing this game from very young in our Nintendo 64.) I like Final Fantasy, etc... And oh yes I like Dragon Ball Z,but I kinna dislike the new version Dragon Ball Z Kai, graphics are better, but I don't feel the same about it. And yes, I also like manga...but my favorites are the 90's manga...

• Hmm well mostly girls have befriended me online as well. You have to watch out for guys because there are tons of perverts haha

• for some, any female companionship is better than none

• Because first of all, these "friendships" don't have much substance or meaning to them. I think that's most peoples experience online too. So, often a friend request is really more about flirting than actually trying to be friends. Know what I mean?

• Because you hot girl ; )

• They rather talk to more girls than guys that's why. I think whenever the new version of GAG comes out it should have sections . Sections for those who are just trying to be friends and chat and that's it , those who are looking to hook up, and those who are looking to be in a relationship. They're going to add a feature that if you block someone , you can't answer any of their questions

• Wow..that's good to know.. This site seems to have a good amount of visitors for something like that. I find the last part of your statement a bit fair... Why would someone want to answer questions of someone they have blocked? lol People can be funny sometimes.

• The last part not so good what if they have interesting questions

• Well, I have never blocked anyone in my life... I simply don't answer (messages). Something supper funny happened to me a few months ago... that's why I don't use Facebook, or if I do I'm always off-line.

What Girls Said 0