What are your opinions on online dating?

I've been online dating for about three months now. I feel like I've met some interesting characters and made some friends. However, the guys I actually seem to connect with seem to live to far or nothing ever happens from it. Has anyone had any luck with online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I saw on the news that 1/3 of all couples getting married today met online. So it works for a lot of people.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's a great tool for people who are introverted to meet someone who is right for them. Extroverts have enough help with clubs, bars, social events, clubs, volunteer work, ect, but if you are someone who doesn't like meeting people in these things, or doing them generally, then online dating is perfect. Although sometimes you have to wade through the crap before you find the golden person :)

• men have to make themselves stand out way more than women do on online dating sites, which I don't like

What Girls Said 2

• Remember to say where you live in your advertisement. If you are just looking for some good sex, you can get as many male partners on line as you want. Soulmates are rare and hard to find and you probably won't find anyone right for you on line. Try church, launderettes, supermarkets, anywhere where males can be found alone.

• My husband and I used to be djs and I can tell you that say out of 10 weddings we did 3 were people that met online dating, we were surprised.