Is this a fair request?

My boyfriend likes long hair on women,

i can understand why he finds it attractive,

i have medium length hair, its very slow to grow as its curly I have it trimmed to keep it healthy but ultimately I'm trying to grow it long it just takes ages.

He also likes blond hair and says I'm perfect for him but it would be such a turn on if I was blond.

My hair is very dark, I have a few highlights but going completely blond would be very damaging to my hair and expensive.

He says I should do this for him.

Do you think this is fair of him to ask?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't do it. . . I also have incredibly dark hair, so I know the dangers of turning it blond. Just explain to him how you feel about it.

As for whether it's fair or not, that's tough to say. It kind of is, and it kind of isn't. . . it's just something he would like, no harm in that I suppose. Either way, it's your hair and you can do whatever you want with it, but if it feels like he's forcing you to make it blond, well, that isn't fair. Ultimately it's your choice, and he'll just have to deal with whatever you choose. :)

What Guys Said 1

• well does he have long hair and if not then he doesn't want you too look like him or he just doesn't want you to look like a guy well that is why I would want a chick to have long hair

• Im pretty sure I don't look like a guy lol he grew his hair long for me because he knows I like the scruffy surfer look but he finds it uncomfortable long so he shaved it, I like him either way...maybe physical attraction is just SO much more important for men?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think he should ask you to change yourself for him... It's really selfish. I mean, if he said that you were perfect for him, you shouldn't have to change your appearance to make him happy. Especially because it sort of seems that you don't want to do this.

• If he prefers long haired blondes why didn't he date one? If you change your hair for him you will come across as sort of weak like you'll do anything to please him. Then there will be something else he likes that you don't have. That's an unfair request he should slap himself for even asking you that!

• Nope-he should want and like you the way you are-he should never ask you to change.

• um he'd probably prefer your natural dark curly hair then frizzy dry unhealthy orangey-blond gross hair. also if you do it, it'll be a bitch to grow out. tell that dude to go f*ck himself.