Does class factor in your dating plans?

Would you date somebody living in the ghetto?

I

Most Helpful Guy

• I have and would again, but they weren't typical ghetto girls. I did like some of the traits they had learnt from living in the ghetto (independent, strong, ambitious, pride etc)

• Maybe this sounds unPC, but the basic fact that a woman is from a poor area would put me off. It may not seem "fair", but so what, screw what values "modern society" has.

• Understood. What if she worked hard to get into university/college and is making an effort to leave would it still put you off?

The girls I dated were intelligent and have or on their way to a bachelors degree. I would probably be put off by a girl who had the potential but to make her life better but chose to stay

• Wouldn't make a difference.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• eh I have, but the ones I have I was typically worried about std's and what not (even though they werent whoars or anything) its just because I know who they hang, hung out with and well yeah not the safest of crowds

• I don' care if someone comes from dirt, so long as they don't plan to stay there. While we are partially a product of our environment, who we are inside determines what we make out of our life. If she resigned herself to "fate" and blamed her situation, I'd get far far away from her really quickly. If she was tenacious, and despite her situation her situation was determined to grow, that would make me think she was better then most.

• As long as they didn't act ghetto, sure.

• Absolutely they do. People want to date people in their social class or higher.

• Yeah.