Would you date someone in prison?

I don't know if it is real, but I have heard that people sometimes become pen pals and start dating people in prison. I don't understand this myself. Would you consider doing this or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I watched a documentary recently, Serving Life, about inmates volunteering for Hospice. I remember thinking that a couple of them were cute, haha!

But when it came right down to it, no, I don't think I could. I don't want to treat them inhumanely, but I don't think I could bring myself to date them. It's not like we could have a real relationship anyway, haha!

What Girls Said 8

• Not at all. If it was someone who I had dated prior to them going to jail and depending on what they did to get there, possibly yes. But, just straight up just trying to date someone from there for the hell of it, nahh. Physical contact is important to me. Whether it's communication or affection, I need that present.

• Nope, I'm not interested in going through the ''changing a bad guy into good'' phase. I don't even like bad guys

• I would consider being pen pals but Its kinda hard to actually "date" someone in prison. I would never consider it, they were sent there for a reason, if they are guilty, they deserve to be there.

• Nooooo

• Uh, no

• I don't believe I would ever write to an inmate...at all...for any reason.I watch a show called LOCKup, and to see how barbaric some of these people are is often times shocking.

• Hellz NO.

• I could see myself writing to somebody in prison, and becoming their friend. But, I would never date them. Some women have something called hybristophilia, which means they're sexually attracted to violent men. For example, the many fangirls Ted Bundy had.

link

What Guys Said 2

• No. I don't even think that opportunity would ever arise lol.

• No way. Not a chance.