Would you date a younger guy?

There is this guy (there always seems to be "this guy" lol) that I am slightly interested in. He seems really mature beyond his years. I am 22 and so I figured upon first meeting him that he was about 20-21 years old. WRONG. He is 18..and legit JUST turned 18. Just graduated from high school. I am 22. I have been out of high school for 5 years and college for 2.

I find myself really attracted to him and I think that he is attracted to me somewhat. Would you as the older girl date someone younger? It wouldn't be 'bad' if he was 20-21 and I was 24-25. At least we both are in our 20s. What do you think girls?

Guys would yo go after the older girls?

• Heck yes girl! Go for it!
  • Maybe go on a date and see what happens..
  • Psh..ain't nobody got time for that!

Most Helpful Girl

• yup I would. I have. id do it again. I rather go by personality and chemistry and ethics, than numbers because its misleading. tons of 'mature' or adult men are complete brats.

What Guys Said 5

• If he lives that long, he will also be in his 20's in 2 years, so I guess it really isn't that big of a deal. At least he isn't jailbait so you won't go to prison for this.

Go on a couple of dates first and get to know him better and see if it clicks, if it does than go for it.

• LOL "if" .

I am sure he will and that is exactly what I had in my head as well. It's not that he is THAT young...well kind of. He is the same age as my sister so it is a little weird now...but in 2 years that will be nothing!

• I wouldn't cause I'm not into doods, but why would it matter if he's a younger or older? Don't be silly.

• A woman dating a guy more than 2 years younger than herself?

Have you gone MAD?

• If you two connect sure

• Well we definitely connect. I feel as if he also does have a crush back. I thought I just liked him because he was sweet and genuine but NOW I am convinced that he might have a crush on me back.

• I would go after a girl at almost any age, to be honest. Older or younger. So long as we can both meet intellectually, or mesh in personality. So yes, I could go for a girl who was older. But really, I don't think you should worry too much about the age gap, and, I don't think you should worry about it being wrong or right, because legally there's nothing wrong, and as for what anyone else thinks, it doesn't matter. Seriously, it doesn't. What they think about your boyfriends doesn't matter, and who you date is completely up to you. They have NO SAY in it. At all.

Not even my word means anything on this, but if you're still listening, I personally think that life is too short to worry about age gaps or what people think. Finding somebody is already too hard as is, without having to worry about trivial stuff like age, beauty or even more trivial, what people will say about who you're seeing. Seriously it doesn't matter.

You like him. You said you do. You're attracted to him. He's mature. Is he good to you? Because that's what matters. Nothing else matters. Date him if YOU want to.

• I think it is a little weird when the girl is older than the guy. Not significantly, but a year or two. Depending on where they are in the age range. Once they are both over 20-21 I don't think it matters. I just wish either he was already 20 or I was 20 ya know?

You are right about the age gaps things though. why should I be worried?

• I can see that being that way. I think I am just over thinking. I have had a boyfriend that was less than a year younger and that was fine. It is something new because it is 4 years younger. but hey if he is about it too then so be it!

• alrighty then

What Girls Said 7

• Would you date a younger guy?

No since I consider it a major fail as it seems guys highly value youth so likely it wouldn't be a lasting relationship since in my opinion if guys go for younger when they have gals their own age they'd likely be bailing pretty soon when they gals that are older than them.

• I can't imagine you in a happy relationship. At least not with a man. An angry militant lesbian, maybe, but not a man.

• Have you ever dated someone who was younger than you?

I think it depends on the person too!

• @QA

No.

It does depend on the person however I think the finding such a guy would be quite difficult as it seems to be the exception to the norm as relationships generally have the guy older than the gal and it seems most male advice is about getting a younger gal.

• I was there too. I'm 23 and he's 20. He had a big crush on me and I thought he was cute. I always like older guys but I decided to just go with it. If you connect and he's mature enough, why not? There's nothing really stopping you.

• yes

• I would now

• I sure would.

• Hey, I'm 20. My boyfriend turns 18 tomorrow. So he's 17 right now. When I'm 22, he'll be 19. It's almost the same as your situation. It's no big deal.

• Kinda sorta yeah.

in our case though, I will be 23 before he turns 19. I wouldn't mind if he was 20 already. It just seems so far stretched because my sister is the EXACT same age as him lol.

Sometimes I wish I were younger...

• Oh well. If you like him, go for it.

• Yes I would