PDA: Public Displays of Affection. For it or against it?

I do believe that there are some displays that are just too much for the public. Such as intense french kissing ( I don't see a problem with a couple seconds, but too much visual of the tongue, or simply too long, is an issue ), or anything that involves taking off clothes, getting underneath them, or feeling the private parts.

But in my opinion, public displays of affections such as: light, 2 second kisses, cuddling, hugs, holding hands & waists are OKAY.

1. Do you agree with me that these displays are okay? Or is it just too much? Please elaborate.

2. Or, are you someone who thinks that it is completely inappropriate to do any of the above in places where the general public can see you.

3. Or, are you one of the people who do agree that it is indeed okay, but yet, you are just not one to do these things in public?

4. If you don't entirely agree with any of the statements in 1-3, please elaborate.

Or if you voted for any of the 1-3 options, but still SLIGHTLY disagree, please elaborate on why. ^_^

• 1.
  • 2.
  • 3.
  • 4. None of the above explain what I feel about PDA, and I will elaborate in the comments/answer section.

Most Helpful Girl

• I accidentally voted on 4, but I agree with 3. I think it's okay to show some PDA, but some things, like the ones you mentioned are just too much. But I'm not the kind of person who does these things. It's okay for the others, but not for me.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it's completely inappropriate, but I think it's annoying.

• Well me and my girlfriend (the camel toe queen) have been seen many a time boffing, rubbing uglies or smashing the walnuts in public. We have some shame but only when sober.

• I agree with you. I would be ambivalent seeing those things, and I don't think people should get too intense in public. However, I really wouldn't be interested in participating in a few of the light ones either. Holding hands or a hug every once in a while wouldn't kill me, but that's about it.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't like PDA. I find it a bit vulgar, and it's awkward to be looked at. (and judging from people's looks, they may be so too). I think hand/waist holding, hand holding, perhaps some hugging and small peck-like kisses are okay, but french loud kisses or heavy petting in public is (imo) a big no.

My friend and her boyfriend are like that everywhere, and I just can't stand the noise they make. It's freaking gross.

My boyfriend also likes PDA but after listening and talking to him we settled for the light stuff outside and the heavy stuff inside. (; I don't mind him being affectionate in public though, as long as it doesn't cross the line.

• Scratch the second hand holding, I repeated myself. Oh well, not much to do about it now.

• I don't care. By all means, freedom of affection. You don't like it, (generally speaking) don't look. Simple.

• Pecks, a quick kiss, hugging(obviously), hand holding(obviously) are ok

Obvious PDA's are typically a sign of insecurity. But it's tacky.

1) Yes, I agree

• I think its okay, as long as it doesn't it turning into a full on makeout or groping session. In my experience, there is nothing more awkward than waiting in line behind a couple who is making out.

• I agree with your lists of what's okay and what's not appropriate.

People can sometimes take it too far, either way. I dated one guy that hated ALL public displays of affection, he wouldn't even hold my hand in public, but loved to cuddle when we were alone. It used to bother me, haha!

I voted A, as I do agree with you :-)