Would you date an Non- Alcoholic women?

Is it a deal breaker if a girl does not drink alcoholic beverages?

Most Helpful Guy

• eh at this point in life? yes? why? because I drink pretty heavily and would feel weird being at a friends house or just a party with her if she wasn't drinking a little bit (she doesn't have to get plastered or anything obviously but nothing at all would be a little off for me)

i bet when I get older though and getting drunk every night isn't as common then it wouldn't be a problem

What Guys Said 7

• An alcoholic is someone who has a dependence on alcohol and not merely someone who drinks on a regular basis. So in that sense, I would strongly prefer to date a non-alcoholic, but no, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker if she didn't drink at all.

• Yeah, I don't date alcoholics... I like when a girl will have a drink or two from time to time though.

• I like that more than having an alcoholic girlfriend

• What's wrong with that?

• Guaranteed DD!

• No, it is not a deal breaker in the least.

• Yes. I don't drink either.

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you say "non-alcoholic" ?

As if the moment someone puts a drink to their lips they are a full blown alcoholic ?

Alcoholism is a condition that needs medical attention and that can kill one (because they can place themselves in dangerous circumstances or when they stop , they can go through deadly withdrawals).

People are not alcoholics unless they have extreme dependency on the substance.

Rephrase of question : "Would you date a woman who does not drink ?"

Sure, some men may say yes because drinking may not be the most important thing in their life. And they may not be much of a drinker themselves.

People that say they would not are probably more into the party or bar scene and may want someone that they can drink with. Even if they aren't, for them to say it is a deal breaker alcohol must be an important part of their lives.

• I don't drink alcohol. The bar and club scene is not my atmosphere. I have found that it bugs some men though. Like, I'm a complete nerd for not wanting to get buzzzed!