Would a deaf guy date a non-deaf girl? Should I learn sign language for him? Should I give him my number?

There's a deaf guy in one of my classes and he's really cute. We kept looking at each other and at one point he waved at me and smiled, so I did the same back. He tried telling me something but I couldn't tell what he meant so he had one of the lady's who signs to him tell me what he was saying. I was wearing a hat and he said he liked it. He needed someone to take notes for him so I volunteered. There wasn't anything to take notes on so I almost wrote my number down to give to him but I decided not to because that seems too forward. I was going to write, "Well I didn't take any notes, but here's my number!" Would it be weird if I gave him my number next time?

I've looked up some sign language and am trying to learn some. Would it be weird if I signed something to him? Like, "You're cute" or, "I like you." Is that too forward? He's been on my mind all the time.

Would a deaf guy ever date a non-deaf girl?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that is really cool of you to see past his disability and I wish that more girls like you existed! I don't think it'd be weird at all if you did that and it would actually make him feel like a million dollars as a result! Maybe you two can go on a date and he can teach you sign language, might be a nice ice-breaker :)

• Great idea! Thank you so much!

• No, thank you. This question is awesome and I am so glad women like you exist. You're amazing and I wish nothing but the best for both of you! God bless and I will pray this works out for you

What Guys Said 3

• I don't see why he wouldn't. And I don't think you need to be forward with what you speak to him in sign. The fact that you learned a little sign on his behalf would speak loads to him.

• Since I'm a hard of hearing guy (semi-deaf), I would say go for it. Chances are he likes you, too - if he saw you smile at him and he smiled back. I wish there were more girls like you. I'm 29 and I still have not had any luck in girls - deaf or not. I've dealt with a lot more non-deaf girls than deaf. I tried to ask out a non-deaf girl out in a sign language class, and she turned me down. I'm wondering if non-deaf girls would date a deaf guy, though. Yes, I learned sign language at an old age - 26. I lip-read and use my hearing (at least whatever hearing I have left in the ear tank).

To answer your last question, I would say yes. I'm not sure it matters whether a girl is deaf or not, especially if the girl is willing to look past his disability. In fact, I'm guessing he prefers more of non-deaf girls than hearing. Non-deaf people can help deaf people, because they actually have the sense of hearing. And if they do, deaf people will give and show a lot more loyalty to people that help them than those that don't. I know... I would.

• really? is this guy deaf, literally can hear at all? because there are different levels of deafness, but anyway I find it very extremely hardcore hard to believe you would be interested in a guy like that

• I am not yet sure of his "level of deafness," but I see that he wears hearing aids so he might be able to hear a little bit. But the fact that he has two women in my class that sign everything the professor says, shows that he is in fact deaf. Why would you say that you find it hard to believe that I'm interested in him? The fact that he's deaf shouldn't veer me away from liking him. He's just as much of a person as you and me.

• I find it hard to believe you would be interested in him because I would imagine you would only want to be with a person whom you can connect with normally

What Girls Said 2

• I think he probably would, but if you decide to go for it, I'd say DEFINITELY learn sign language. It shows that you really want to be able to communicate with him. Otherwise, it would seem like you aren't making an effort. (I suggest watching switched at birth. it's about the same sort of thing... ha ha I got hooked on that show. it's on netflix.)

I think next time you should put your number.

• I think a little effort is always nice there are many ways to learn basic sign language to start off, even learn I am just learning. I am sure it won't matter if you weren't deaf, and working on the communication barrier.