What age is too young for a 21 year old female to date?

I'm 21 and I like a 17 year old boy. I never liked a younger In my life before. That I know he is very mature. All adults like him because he's a hard worker. He has the attuitude I go for

I can't control my feelings for him. Is he too young

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't expect any real relationship with someone that young, but you might be his mentor and teach him about girls; likely, he doesn't know nearly as much as you do. Probably after a short dalliance you'll find him not enough of a challenge..but you could both have fun and learn from each other while the sun shines!

What Guys Said 1

• I'd be OK dating a girl up to 3 - 4 years older than I am - I'm 18...

What Girls Said 6

• A five year diffrence is not weird at all heck married couples could be 20 years apart. However the fact that he is still a teenager is bad because he's still in high school. I would say he should be 19 because you don't want to date a kid. I almost even want to say don't date people who can't legally drink as a rule of thumb for as you get older.

• I would say 19 maybe 18. Adults dating teens is can be a thin line.

• He's still a minor, no mature how mature he may seem. Since you're 21, if you were to have relationship and then sex with him, that's statutory rape because he's technically not old enough to consent to sex in the eyes of the law. Can't you wait until he's 18? At least that will make it a legal relationship because he would have reached the age of consent and you don't have to worry about violating any laws.

As for the age difference, it's not bad. But when a minor is involved, then things get weird.

• That's not young but 17 year old boys are highly immature

• That's not young. 3 is young. At least he's legal to drive.

• Just wait till he's 18

love doesn't have a # but you don't want to get in any trouble

I will say tho, my boyfriend told me about his exes, and one was 24 when he was 18 and the only reason he liked her was b.c she was older...he just wanted to bang her