Girls, do you decide after one date not to see a guy again?

Say you go out with a guy you've recently met, and that first date goes OK. Obviously if it's amazing you'll want to see him again, and if it was terrible, then neither party will probably want a second helping. But if it's "good not great" will you usually want to try at least another time or two? Or do you feel like the first date has to be special for you to continue on?

Most Helpful Girl

• If the date was good, but not great, then yes I would definitely be up for a redo if I liked the guys personality and wanted to see him again. I'm all for second chances and if I am free, then why not?

I guess that might be my problem though. I am too willing to give a second chance and I think I need to be more choosey. However, if the guy honeslty wants to give it another shot and is putting the time into contacting me and trying to arrange another date, I don't see how that would be a bad thing and I would say yes.

I think if I was the one who was pursuing that avenue, then I probably should just not. But if the guy does, then yes. Obviously he likes me if he wants to see me again.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't really go on dates, but if I did, I can't see why I wouldn't give him another shot. First dates can easily become something in between a hit and a miss, and to drop every single guy I meet just because the date wasn't as amazing I expected seems a bit dumb to me. So I can definitely see myself give him a few other shots. I mean, some people just need a little bit of time to be able to show their awesome self, and I think it would be unfair to not give them those few extra chances they might need. I could be missing out on something great if I didn't.

• Girls, do you decide after one date not to see a guy again?

Yes as to me one date is enough to get an impression of who he is and whether I see continuing chemistry

But if it's "good not great" will you usually want to try at least another time or two?

No as 'good' is not enough for me

Or do you feel like the first date has to be special for you to continue on?

Yes

• If I never really liked him in the first place and if I felt we had nothing in common and this isn't a person I want to get to know more than no but if it was OK and I kinda liked the guy I would defiantly

• Usually first date's are a little awkward, and as long as the guy wasn't being a jerk I always tend to give it a second try :D To answer the question does the date have to be special well that would be nice but by the second date things seem to be a little more relaxed. I personally do not judge by the first date.

• Most of the time yes. Sometimes I give it another date to see if I feel the same and I usually do. If my guy is telling me no then I must follow it

• It doesn't have to be a special date. I have to like the guy I'm with, that's all.

And yes, after the date I can figure out whether I can ever like him.

• Yeah one date makes sense

• I've been in this situation before - he was nice and easy to talk to, but very shy and I really didn't feel a physical connection with him. I wound up going on a second date before I finally concluded that there just wasn't enough chemistry to make it worth it for me to continue.

I feel like it can be hard to tell whether a relationship will work out with just one date - particularly with people who are shy and don't necessarily open up about who they really are after meeting someone for the first time.

• You expect a guy to open up about who they are during the first date?! How do you expect to "feel a physical connection" during the first date? My gosh...it doesn't matter how "open" a person is, you both are basically strangers for the first 10 dates.

• Is being shy that bad?

• Yeah I agree with bassman, deciding after the second date that it "isnt worth your time" is as bad as deciding that on the first date! I just had this happen to me and it sucks! It sucks for someone to go from saying they like you and all kinds of things they want to do with you, to just giving up because they "didnt feel a physical attraction." Honestly, how can you tell after such a short amount of time? Your time is really worth that much that you can't at least give it 5 more tries?

What Guys Said 3

• Girls who decide that the relationship isn't "worth it" after one date are just as bad as those who decide this after two dates. I had this happen to me, and clearly it is a sign of immaturity or insecurity by the girl.

Unless you felt no physical conection, didn't like the guy at all, thought he was a jerk, and totally uninteresting and gave you no attention, and more than just ONE of these things happened, there is no reason to decide to end it to early!

Realtionship take TIME. They take PATIENCE. They take EFFORT. And girls who give up so easily are not giving any of those three things because they just expect things to "come naturally" Well who died and made them Queen? If you go around in life thinking you are entitled to have things just "come to you right away" then you will be sadly mistake, and you will join the thousands of other girls out there that whine that they can't find a decent guy...gee, I wonder why...

But I think as women get older, they learn about this from experiences of too hastily deciding to quit with the right guy, or a guy that could have been great for them if they just had a shred of decency to show some TIME, PATIENCE AND EFFORT!

• i like this question.

i met this girl online and had a good time with her. we talked about a lot of stuff and had fun.

after a few weeks we decided we should meet.

i would consider that one of the worst dates ever.

half of the time she was texting with friends, it felt like the phone was like a wall between her and me.

i dropped her of at her door and came home disappointed and didn't contact her after that.

a few weeks later she contacted me...

...we are now together for almost 3 years.

• I think that is the case often times