What is the point of/how do you date in high school?

So I'm graduating, had my first and only girlfriend last year, and it ended somewhat badly. Although we're friends now.

Anyway, I'm just clueless about dating. Like obviously you go on dates, incorporate them into your life, and sex and cuddling, but what's the point? Like you're gonna graduate, have to brake up.

Should I just ignore the fact that we're most likely going to have to move away from one another in the next 230 days?

Am I over thinking it? Are high school relationships even relationships or are they just people you like to be around, as well as f***? Should I think of it as just sex, or the possibility of spending our lives together?

And this is probably a me thing, but my parents give me no privacy, peeking in the living room every thirty seconds, I can't sleep over at her place, she can't sleep over at mine. Trying to stop kids from having sex is like patching a dam with duct tape. I would feel less awkward, and more comfortable if we could have our own place for intimacy. I'm still a virgin because I want it to be perfect, I do not want the possibility of a parent walking in. I want it to just be me and her, content and sharing and pleasing one another.

Should I just abstain for this year, wait until I move into my only place for university? I'm moving out the weekend after my final exam, I'm getting the f*** out of my parents house.

Opinions people, if you would be so kind.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I didn't date in high school for the exact reasons you pointed out. As Chef from South Park said, "There's a time and a place for everything. It's called college." The vast majority of high school relationships end before you graduate from high school, so what's the point?

• Valid point, sir, but how did you cope with the loniless and horniness?

• Being alone isn't the same as being lonely. As for being horny, just make good use of the internet and beat that c**k like it owes you money.