Have you dated a single mom before?

How was it different than dating other women?

Did you treat her differently than you would have otherwise?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dated 2 single moms, doubt I'd date another one again, too expensive, too problematic and too time-consuming.

Girl#1, she was 23 had 2 brats. Problematic because her ex and her broke up quite recently when we started dating. He was a constant nuisance and was always finding ways and means to disrupt us and would often harass me for trying to replace him as the dad of their brats. Kinda expensive to date her as she constantly had little to no money to pay her share and could never make any plans to do anything with her as even ad-hoc ones were problematic as first either had to find a babysitter or sometimes we'd just have to wait for hours for her ex to show up to take the brats.

Girl#2, she was 32 had 3 brats, with the oldest one being 12. Forever she was broke as her ex was a deadbeat and never paid child-support or was forever behind on it. Essentially meant I had to pay for our dates and somehow loaned her some money every so often that was never repaid, small amounts usually but they all add up. Sex was rather problematic as well since we could only do it at her place after her brats had gone to bed, not always the easiest on schedule. Sometimes her kids would wake up in the middle of the night because mom was screaming. A major turn-off and rather upsetting to everyone involved. She somewhat started trying to get me to do stuff with her brats something I wasn't remotely interested in, thus it became a major point of contention as she would plan for us to do stuff but I'd have other things to do and chose to leave them to their activities which got her pissed off as she was wanting me to play a role in her kids life while I was only interested in her and her alone. Finally we split up though remained as FWB till recently.

What Guys Said 2

• I treated her like a MILF

• I have dated single moms and it sucks. I am never a priority compared to her child. This ends up making me feel like I am not really accepted by her so much as being tolerated. Even when I love the kid, I get reminded I am not the real father and will never have an equal partner in shaping the child's life. I might understand it better if I were a father, but as is stands I end up feeling like I don't really belong. I end up feeling like I am hanging out with HER family, and that it will never be OUR family.

What Girls Said 2

• I've never dated a single mom before, but I think in a way it would make me think about her differently. I would see them as more responsible, caring, good people (depending on the kind of mom they were). I think they would make better partners, and I might be more likely to date a single mom, to be honest.

• a lot of men view her differently