Should I go out on a limb with my feelings and trust him?

Backstory: I got divorced after a year of “working” on my marriage while my husband continued to have affairs. It’s been 3 years of me barely dating and mostly having fwb.

I met a guy that asked me to be his girlfriend after we’d been dating for a month. I didn’t hesitate to say yes because I haven’t felt this way about a guy since my husband. He has said he hasn’t had a girlfriend in 5 years and only been sort of dating but mostly fwb.

Since we’ve become official I’ve become insecure. We live an hour apart and he doesn’t really like to talk on the phone or text. We’ve only talked on the phone 3 times. I’ve said that I need at least one text a day, just so that I know he’s thinking about me. He doesn’t have a problem with that.

I think we had our first fight this last weekend? We had plans Saturday to watch football at his house while I did homework. That day he asked if we could go to his friends house instead. I told him to go alone because I don’t want to keep him away from his friends, but I really needed to do homework and didn’t want to be rude to his friends. I went to his house later that night after the game. He immediately sat me on the couch and wanted to talk. I figured this was the break up talk and he thought I came over to his house to break up with him? Needless to say it was awkward but no screaming or yelling. The next day we had GREAT day together.

I’m worried I fell for some guys line about not having a girlfriend making me feel special. I’m worried because he doesn’t like to communicate but we only see each other once a week. I’m worried because neither one of us do relationships and maybe this really isn’t anything special to him.

Should I stop questioning everything and trust him even though I could have my heart broken again?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't Know

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Trust your gut but never be afraid to fall.

Yes, I realize this seems contradictory and blah, blah, blah BUT it's something to consider. If you don't feel ready/comfortable, don't do it. At the same time, you will never break from the fear without first letting go. If you are READY to trust him, then do. But if the fear is just too big, don't. Trust your gut, even if it has been wrong before.

You need to evaluate the situation first and ask yourself WHY you don't trust him. If it's because of things that have happened with him, trust isn't a good idea; if it's because of your past, take a leap of faith.

Honestly, the fact that you are ASKING this question means that you want to trust him but that you also want your fears to verified.