Have you/your ego ever wanted someone more/became more interested when they start dating someone new?

For example, I dated a guy. Asked for a relationship. He said he's busy/not interested/etc excuses.

I dated other guys. He started paying a little more attention to me (on FB, etc).

I know it's just his EGO. He doesn't "like" me for a relationship.

But has it happen with any of you?,

• Yes, I/my ego had been more interested after he/she date someone else.
  • No, I/my ego had been more interested after he/she date someone else.
  • Yes, I/my ego had been more interested after he/she date someone else BUT it was not true interest/LOVE. Just natural human reaction.
  • See answer

Most Helpful Guy

• i remember a girl I dated in high school (the first girl I ever loved) and I broke up because I just felt like at that time it was far too serious. she was my first crush and also the first girl I had sex with but eventually I realized she was really way more ready for the whole settle down thing and me being 17 felt like I'm just not there. so I broke up with her...one of the hardest things I've ever done

the next summer (our senior year) she started dating someone else. a part of me felt like perhaps I'd made a mistake or she should be with me not him.

the feeling went away fairly quickly. I think it was a tinge of jealousy that she had moved on and perhaps a part of me just hoped she'd pine endlessly for me... while I wasn't "more interested" necessarily it does seem like there was some ego at play

What Guys Said 7

• I've never been jealous when former friends/flirts moved on in life. But a lot of people do react in this way. They don't have a problem breaking up, but if they see their ex with someone else, they get jealous, and often try to their ex away from the new person.

They try to restart the relationship only after they see their ex moving on. Until then, they don't really feel their e is really gone from their lives, I suppose.

• For the type of people who want what they can't have and like what they can't have, yes. They see their ex with someone else and of a sudden its a challenge and he/she is more attractive in that persons eyes. Personally I'm not one of those people. The only reason I would turn around and be reattracted to that person is because if I decide the breakup isn't what I wanted and feel remorseful.

• Once I knew a girl was dating someone I'd lose interest in her but whenever I started dating a girl, a number of girls who wouldn't have looked at me before started being very interested in me.

Would that be a 'girl thing' ?

• oh I guess its happened before when I became more interested in the girl after she started going out with someone else instead of me . but sometimes I just won't care it depends on the girl and how interested I was in her to begin with

• I am the exact opposite, I am only interested in girls when they are single and will ignore and avoid those in relationships.

• is b supposed to be "hadn't been more interested"?

• i wish a girl would like me :(

What Girls Said 4

• To be honest, I get so turned off when someone shows interest in someone else, so it's a no from me. I think I'm too possessive.

• Nope, never happened to me.

• No I am the opposite actually I am too possessive.

• i am not sure but I probably feel something