My ex asked me out on a date?

I'm no dummy when it comes to dating. Of course I don't know everything, but it's quite clear that my ex wants to either catch up, or possibly reconcile.

As of this last week, my ex e-mailed me to catch up, and then asked me out on a date. I recently just had a breakup, and it was mutual. Though my ex knows nothing as of why. It seems that she asked within less than a 48 hour period. I did say yes to this date, as it would be great to catch up, but with my lack of such expertise in exes to this level. I was wondering if there is any advice to which might be helpful. Beyond just watching myself, and taking things slow.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's really it - other than being aware of what broke you guys up in the first place and making sure that is resolved.

What Girls Said 2

• If you really want this to work, you need to work out what it was that broke you guys up in the first place. Once this is resolved, you can move forward.

• Don't give her false hope

What Guys Said 2

• Decide what you want. A f***buddy, a relationship, a friendship? Once you figure that out just act accordingly.

• I wish it was a F buddy situation, but I'm treading lightly since the date occurred.

• A smart guy never back tracks to his past mistakes. You shouldn't give her the time of day dude.