If your boyfriend or date mentioned they liked short hair, would you feel insecure?

Hi in my last relationship I mentioned in passing to my girlfriend at the time I found short hair hot. A week later she bobbed her hair, I thought it was a nice thing to do. Now this might sound ridiculous but soon after she became jealous of short haired girls, if one was on telly shed be convinced id fancy the girl on telly more or if we were in a bar she just couldn't relax if a girl with a bob or pixie cut was about. Now I'm not a game player when I'm in a relationship I'm loyal, I don't believe in cheating. and more importantly I'm not so shallow that hair is a deal breaker, id never pressure a girl to look a certain way just for my benefit. a few weeks later she got a sidecut and was in shock for days. Now the relationship ended for other reasons but I'm at a place where I'm ready to date again but I want to know if that behavior is typical so I don't make the same mistake twice. My question is girls if your boyfriend or date mentioned they liked short hair would you feel insecure or just accept it as a personal taste thing and not worry

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends on the person. it sounds like your ex was extra insecure about her physical appearance. my girlfriend has expressed similar insecurities at times which I sortof have to convince her are not a concern to me or shouldn't be a concern for her. for instance I told her I always thought natalie portman was hot, so anytime we'd watch a movie with her she'd feel uncomfortable. I had to reiterate that everyone finds people attractive and everyone has certain things that generally speaking the like more than others (curvier vs skinnier, big boobs vs small boobs, etc) but for most people they aren't going allow preferences to dictate their behavior.

so just be congnizant of how comments can be interpreted. I don't think you should feel like you can't state your opinions but maybe just be prepared how to sort of talk to your girlfriend about stuff if questionns about your taste become an issue.

some people can just understand that people have preferences and some will take those preferences you have and then evaluate themself against them and feel threatened or insecure if they don't measure up

What Girls Said 1

• Well if she had long hair why would you tell her that? Not that your in the wrong its not your fault that your ex was a jealous psycho. I'm just saying if I had super long hair ( which I do ) and my boyfriend said I like girls with super short hair. I would think he's not that into me because he still doesn't see me as his perfect girl or that he wants me to change my hair. Even if a guy said that to me id be thinking umm OK thanks for the information.. I'm nit cutting my hair. But its not normal for someone to get jealous of every girl with short hair and for her to cut her hair for you. That's just werid

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah that's not typical. She was a basket case.