Do guys HATE texting?

Do you? Why do you text a girl first, seem all interested, then she replies but you never do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind texting at all but within reason.

If it is a conversation, I want to talk on the phone. So many things can be misread when texted so I like to talk in person or on the phone for serious topics.

Plus a lot of girls are absolutely clueless when they text and give off a reply that indicates they only care about themself when they text like answering a question without giving back something to make the texting go any further. If a girl doesn't show interest back, I drop talking to her and brush her off as a narcissist.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm a guy and I love texting a girl, it's a sweet way to get to know someone. The lads that don't reply are just players or wannabe players it's best to let them play with themselves.

• It's not that we hate it. We just don't think about it. Especially if the guy is not on his phone 24/7 and he may only check it a couple times a day.

• I hate texting. Partially because I still use a cheap, old phone, but mostly because I can't stand being around people who constantly fidget with their gadgets. That being said, a woman who is a big fan of texting would not likely be one that interests me.

• I hate texting, I would reply if she would ask something, but I am terrible at expressing emotions in texts.

• Sometimes. The beauty of texting though is that you don't have to answer right away. You can carry on a conversation over a longer period of time. The only problem with that is that no one else sees that beauty. They expect responses right away, so people having constant access to you is incredibly annoying.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a girl and I personally HATE texting. I would probably never reply only if it's an emergency.