Have you ever had a really good success with online dating sites?

I'm sort of starting to get lonely and have no clue where to meet people...

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah go to shows or street events or something. ...assuming you live in a city that has those types of things.

But as for the question regarding online dating. I know people who've had success. Lots of it (if by "success" you mean "dates"). Personally? I tried it for a month or so, chatted to a few girls, but nothing came of it. the whole online dating etiquette is stupid, imo. Nothing makes sense and it's different depending if you want to get laid or find "the one". Pseudo-ironically, RL dating is way easier for me than online dating.

What Guys Said 8

• A lot of people are suckered by their advertising but I've heard more disasters than successes from these sites myself.

Sure there are good results sometimes, but there would also be some good results if you picked names out of a hat!

Get out there and meet new people; join clubs for those with your interests, go to new coffee bars to hang out, flirt with foreign guys

• Technically yes but mostly no.

The guys online seem to want hookups constantly and married people sneak online playing games.

The girls online mainly just seem to want attention with no intentions of actually meeting up.

• Married 11 years now. Worked out fine.

• I think it could work

• I like how you can get an idea of what they're into, unlike how when you approach someone in public.

• The pro is that you can talk with them before meeting them. It gives some comfort.

The con is that they might have lied to meet you.

• yes, but also some failes

• festivals, music events..

• no. I had a very bad experience with it. I met a girl on face book. we used to chat for long time everyday. exchange numbers, talk on phone. I proposed her. she accepted. it was going on well. one day she gave me her password to change it as her sister knew her password. I changed it and text her new password. I checked her messages. most of guys on her friend list flirt with her, they propose her, she didn't remove them. one day I asked her on phone about her boyfriends. she had a history of dating all the three brothers at the same time, and there was another guy and the other one etc. and all the three brothers were still on her friend list, and these three brothers were still trying to convince her and trying to bad mouth about their own brothers. It was enough for me. we fought over it. I haven't seen her or met her because she lives overseas. now her chapter is closed before it opened.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope. Just seems to be like an easier outlet for people to lie and be overly perverted without knowing anything about you. I don't take it too seriously at all. Obviously, there's the few people who actually end up finding someone, so I guess it really depends on the type of person you meet. Just speaking from personal experience though, it's not worth it.

• No, but I know someone in person who is happily married with someone he met online. She's very lucky to have him he seems so responsible and up beat.