What do you think of a girl who you have just gone on a date with....

and she doesn't stop talking about hersel.

I mean don't get me wrong I enjoyed our time together, however I realized that if she was truly interested in me she would ask me a few questions. I was the only one who asked and even though I added input she talked to me no-stop!

Plus she said that she's not great on time keeping, she used her phone in front of me while on the date 4 times(to check I something serious had happened) because she is so attached to her phone?!

She is very lazy and never gets to work on time(on purpose) because she can, and the people in work need her to do all the niggly things.

On the plus side, I enjoyed her company, she come from a nice family and we get along, and she said It was great! :) xx

We got on OK and had a laugh, am I just a prude?

Is this normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a date like that once. At the beginning it went fine, we talked about both of us, and somewhere in the middle of the conversation he started talking about himself and just didn't stop. At first I still listened carefully, saying "mm hm, uh huh, oh really?". When he can't stop I started hinting by looking at the time every now and then. When he still didn't stop, I started drifting my eyes around, looking at other people, but would still look at him. And when he still didn't stop, I turned my body sideways and just looked at other people and only occasionally smile and look at him. He talked about himself for the whole 30-45 minutes, without me having to ask any questions! And he never stopped to ask me any questions either. I had to interrupt him to say that I have to get going.

I wouldn't call her again if I were you. But if you think you guys connected and you had a good time, I guess giving her a second chance couldn't hurt. She might just be nervous or a little preoccupied so talking about herself was just easier.

What Girls Said 6

• While the one sided convo may be great it would not make me feel as what I am saying has any value. After awhile it is like, what is the point of me talking, so I usually tune people like that out. That has to be one of my greatest pet peeves - people that talk on and on, but do not seem to have true interest in what the other person is saying. I am not sure how long I would be able to stand that. Now the phone thing, I do that at odd times when I am somewhere public and bored, nervous, and or feeling kind of shy, but I would not do that on a date. A date is about enjoying each other and getting to know one other and showing interest.

• Girls really like to talk about themselves and make themselves seem interesting. Give her one more date and try to talk more about yourself and see how she acts. If she's still taking her phone and all this other stuff then brake it off. You need someone that fits you

• Hmmmm...I'd give it at least another date if you had fun...sometimes when I'm super nervous ill rattle on and on just to keep it from the awkward silence LOL...although not about myself!

• girls love talking about themselves, interested in the guy or not. we simply love the attention.

• depends what you are looking for. if you are only in it for fun, then who cares. if you are looking for a mate and none of that bothers you then you two are compatible.

personally, that's not me and I wouldn't be able to be with someone like that.

one of my friends never get to work on time, after getting to know her a bit, I understand there were further underlying issues with her life.

in terms of your date, she seem spoiled (lazy) and disrespectful to you with the phone thing.

she sound like a huge turn off for me.

let us know if you will go for a second :P

• The one sided conversation was probably 'cause she was nervous.

The other part you mentioned though (being late on purpose) is a big red flag. Why date a girl who doesn't have a good work ethic?

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't call for a 2nd date with a woman who is apparently so self absorbed that her favorite topic of conversation is - herself. And the phone thing is just rude & childish. I think it would have to be a pretty major emergency to allow phone to interrupt a 1st date. Bad impression IMO.

...but that's just me. If you liked her enough call her back

• Doesn't bother me, mainly because I'm personally not much of a talker.

• IMO she might've been really nervous...I would give it a go with another date. This time I'm almost certain she will open up more.