I feel I should deprive myself of dating and relationships, sex since I was unable to get any earlier. Opinions?

So why should I not give up with women? I hate it when people say there is someone for everyone, I don't see how logically that can be true, I'm 24 and never dated or been in a relationship, obviously still a virgin, so that must mean I am not attractive enough and you have to be attractive in order to get someone

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know what to make of this

What Girls Said 5

• I don't believe there is someone for everyone necessarily but I also don't believe that God created man to be alone. We are social creatures. You can still be happy and not be in a relationship but most of us still seek one. What you should do is improve on your dating skills and attracting skills. You don't necessarily have to be the best looking man out there. If you take some effort in how you dress, keep yourself hygienic, and exude a little confidence- you should be able to get a date. Women are attracted to confidence- but don't over do it, cockiness repels us. The easiest and cheapest way to make yourself better looking is smile. And not just a fake smile either- it needs to reach your eyes. In the end a first impression can be changed. Show her your great personality. That will reel her in. If you go into things feeling negative about yourself and feeling that you won't succeed- you are predicting your own failure. If you go in feeling good about yourself and realizing what qualities you have to bring to a relationship and believing you will be successful, you will be. It all starts and ends in the mind. 10% of life is what happens to you and 90% is how you react to it. Change your attitude and you will succeed. You can do it!

• Yeah well I'm 24 most people have had their first relationship by that age

• Yeah what pisses me off is that guys have to be comfortable and content being single but girls don't have to

• No, I think everyone regardless of sex should be comfortable and content being single because no one is guaranteed finding a relationship. You have to be happy by yourself. That doesn't mean you should give up looking for someone though.

• So why should I not give up with women?

I don't do 'should' unless it applies to harming children or animals. In my opinion it's suited not to give up on gals if you think gals can give you something you can't get elsewhere or can't get a worthwhile substitute elsewhere. In my opinion since you're male you likely solely/mainly interested in sex and prostitutes can provide that.

• Actually, it logically can be true.

There are currently 316 million people in the U. S. and 7.1 billion on the planet. It only makes sense that at least ONE of them would be someone with whom you are compatible.

Of course, the hard part is finding them, lol...but when you do, you realize that they were worth the effort.

And yes, I am single so I understand your frustration. But as the saying goes, "We never truly fail as long as we keep trying." So please consider hanging in there.

• At least you have been in a relationship before

• I would rather have loved and lost than to never have loved at all I hate how it hasn't happened to me yet

• Why is it never too late?

• Fine. Give up on women then. One less whiner.

• You don't have to be attractive to get someone.

In all honesty, I really don't think my boyfriend is the best looking guy ever.. I don't care, I love him to bits.

What Guys Said 4

• While it's hard to avoid feeling something is wrong with you if you haven't been in a relationship before or in a long time. People forget that an awful lot of success of relationships has to do with luck. Many people you know who have a successful relationship might be in your shoes if they hadn't met the right person at the right time. As with anything else, success in a situation that has an element of luck depends a lot on persistence. If you choose to give up, that's your right but it means that you chose not to have a relationship rather than you accepted that you can't have one.

• You know, humans are funny things. I feel like a perfect metaphor would be a matchstick; you're a matchstick in a case that has yet to be struck and lit and therefore you must be defective and functionally speaking you should just surrender to your fate as you figure you must simply not be combustible enough to be chosen.

If that didn't make any sense, good, because it doesn't. Here's a reality check instead of some coddling words; the average person begins this "sexual journey" at about 19, so you've been on the market an entire 5 years, those who start younger than 16 tend to either not hold serious relations or simply experience sex and those who start at 20 tend to be looking for very specific things. Regardless of the goal it's the same all over, with you at a whopping 5 years of not having what you want from an average human's standpoint you might as well spare us all the whining and really just give it up altogether. It would make us all proud.

• Yeah, it's bullsh*t. The fact is, many guys and even some girls live their entire lives without romantic success.

• I hate it when people say it is never too late

• And I dislike pessimists who say, "Gosh, I'm x years old and I haven't found the Perfect Partner, therefore, it is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!"

• Why do you think you are never too old?