A guy who is honest about being uncertain and/or nervous vs a guy who is/acts very confident

So I was told that woman would prefer a guy to be honest about his uncertainty when it comes to dating. I was wondering is that is true! Please note, I explicitly said that the confident guy may as well be acting, since this is OFTEN the case, especially when it come to dating and such.

• The honest, uncertain guy!
  • The Confident Guy (whether he acts it or not)
  • Neither (explain)/I wanna know this!

Most Helpful Guy

• True story:

Way back in the Neolithic era when I was just arriving on the scene I saw this mind-bendingly hot bar tender working at a punk rock club. I knew she must get hit on 20x every shift but I also knew I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I didn't try to get her digits.

So I rolled up to the bar and I asked her for - MY phone number! Oops! And I must have turned 10 shades of red and felt like an epic moron! But to my surprise - she went to her purse and got a pen and gave me the digits! When we were hanging out after the fact, I asked her why she gave me her number when I clowned out so hard in my approach. She told me she thought it was cute I flubbed my words and took it as sign that I was legitimately twisted up over her, which she found flattering. So...sometimes that nervous/awkward thing can actually play to your favor! ...provided she is a compassionate and understanding human that is!

What Girls Said 5

• Well, if I know that they are uncertain and/or nervous would actually make me more at ease, because I can be very uncertain and/or nervous around them. But there are girls who would rather want a man who appears confident, but if I ahve a hard time being overly confident with guys, I find it hypocritical of me if I would demand them to be confident even if they really werent. If I'm not willing to take the "jump" why should they?

• Depends in what way he is uncertain. If he constantly asks why you're with him, that's a huge turn off. But if he says he's nervous about getting into a relationship or he's nervous about being intimate, then I can appreciate his honesty. As long as he isn't so insecure that he feels the need to question your interest in him, then it's fine.

• The confident guy. fake it till you make it. if you overcome it, I'd have no idea you were nervous. now if you're nervous because you have been hurt before, I can deal with that as long as you aren't acting out in negative ways..but if you're acting like you're scared of girls lol well then that's something you have to fake!

• Honesty is always the best. It lowers the "difficulty" and can likely shorten the distance between the couple because the girl might be just as uncertain, or she'll be happy that he's willing to open up, etc. Overly confident guys might scare some girls away.

• Honesty is always appreciated, but to a degree. As confugirl said, nobody would be able to put up with someone who wants constant approval for everything. Sometimes, by "acting" confident, you actually become more confident. Nervousness/shyness is OK, everyone becomes shy and nervous from time to time. As long as it doesn't affect the core of the relationship, I'm fine with it.

What Guys Said 4

• lol girls who claim A are fullll of sh*t I say.

• The female responses to this poll are yet another example of why men should not listen to what women SAY they want. If instead we simply observe what they do we will certainly discover that B is the correct answer here.

Men who listen to what women say they want will invariably be misled. Why? Because women do not really know what they want. They respond to questions like this one with the answer they think they are supposed to give.

• Girls always say fake it til you make it. They want a guy to seem confident even if he isn't. Even if practically every girl is unconfident they expect to have somebody who is better and confident. Girls hold guys to a higher standard than themselves

• they want the good looking guy