What would be the point of me going to prom and homecoming if I have no date?

The only guy I really want to go with has already graduated and I know, going without a date isn't really the only point of me not going but I'm a senior now.. I've learned so much from my past friendships, acquaintances, and ex throughout my high school years. I opted out so many "friends" in my final year Because I realized so much. How they're bad influence, how some just took me for granted, etc.. it sucks yes, and I know that it is my final year of hs but it just seems that there's really no point of me going.. my parents want me to but I think its just a waste of money.. I know I won't be going with my twin either Because she's hanging out with her friends that I don't apparently want to hang out with and because she hasn't been much of a sister lately either.. she's not there for me is what I'm saying, and apparently we're in that stage of "growing apart".. so yeah, so much for our final year. My senior year hasn't been that much fun for me but I'm happy that I'm away from the people who will cause me pain and trouble, so.. there really isn't any point of me going to prom and homecoming.. I'm doing well on my studies so don't get me started about how its all about my education. I already know that its more important but I'm just referring to my final dances in high school. And the fact that I've never went to any other dance in high school..

Most Helpful Girl

• Well The point is this and its what everyone told me as well it's because you will never get that moment again or be able to experience it yes it's mostly to be with friends but I don't think you need that many friends to be happy anyways. I know how you feel I went through the same thing and ugh I was like I don't wanna go and I didn't go thing is I did regret it but I also though it was a huge waste of money and I just didn't feel like it but I wish I would have spent that last time with my friends cause it's probably the last time you will be together with them cause everyone goes there own way to college,in the end it's your decision lol your parents will probably insist but it your choice think about it .also I didn't have the best senior year either but yeah I'll just say it will get better. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Then don't go. It's pretty easy. You may regret that decision later, you may not. Only time will tell.

What Girls Said 2

• I think its an experience you can't just get back and I wish I had gone to mine. Even if it was just with friends, I'd still like to just have fun for that night with friends before we all moved onto the next phase of our lives. I never went to any formal dance ever in school and I wish I had. However its your choice completely and if you honestly don't see a reason to go, don't go.

• It kinda seems like you want to go, just having a tough year. Hope you give it some time and really think what you want.