Why am I not interested in dating/relationships anymore?

Ok, I'm a 27 year old male who was involved in a few relationships before, but none of them worked out, and I've been single since 4 years. Now I don't know why, but I have completely lost interest in dating and relationships. Maybe I stayed single for too long after my last relationship, but I had a valid reason for this. I was totally focused on my career, and didn't get into dating or relationships because I felt that would be a distraction. Now, I'm fairly settled with respect to my career and would certainly like to get back into the dating/relationship scheme of things, but I just don't feel the need for it anymore. For example, when I'm hanging out with my male friends and they exclaim 'Look, such a hot woman', I don't even look because I feel least interested in any woman, whether she's hot or not. Of course, I'm not a man who considers a woman's looks. I'm not that shallow. In fact, I prefer an average or below average looking woman with a kind heart and pleasing personality 100 times more than a hot woman. I myself am reasonably good looking (although not to the extent of being handsome), but looks are not my problem because there have been several instances where women have hit on me and even asked me out. Anyway, the main point is, although I'd like to get back to dating, I'm just feeling totally uninterested in this matter. And I wouldn't want to forcibly date someone in spite of me not being interested, because that would be like doing grave injustice to the poor woman. I'm really worried if I will ever develop interest in dating and relationships again. Please help me out. Thank you.

P.S. If you're going to suggest I'm gay, then please save yourself that trouble because I know I'm not. All my previous relationships were with girls, and even when I do get aroused, its always due to women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats actually a really tough one, I think when you meet the right girl you will just get it back... We all have phases in life, this sounds like a phase for sure, but if you're worried why don't you try putting yourself out there? It sounds like you need to connect with someone, seeing as your main focus isn't how a woman looks. Try something like online dating and just talk to a few different girls? See if anyone catches your attention.. If its what you want you need to try!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0