In a long term relationship, do you still go on dates?

M and my girlfriend have been together for almost 4 years now. It seems like we don't really go out, just the two of us anymore. We go out with friends and go to bars. That's fun, don't get me wrong, but idk, it feels weird not ever just goi out with her.

Fr others in long term relationships, have you stopped going on dates with your bf/gf? Do you go on less? Do you still go out all the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• been together 2 1/2 years. yeah we still go on dates. probably less since we live together but I definitely make a point to go to the ocassional movie, dinner, hike, mini vacation, or just something. I think it's important to do these things particularly as your relationship becomes long term. I remember my best friend growing up his parents went on a date every Friday. I thought it was really cute and special that at like 50years old and after 20+ years of marriage they'd still go on those dates so I kind of made a mental note of it.

if you want to go on dates then do it to it. go on groupon or livingsocial and get some restaurant deals. maybe go for a hike or bike somewhere. go to a museum or just a picnic (while the weather is still ok). it sounds like you'd like to go on a date and I'd bet she'd love it if you initiated it

What Girls Said 1

• We don't call them dates or even put a whole lot of emphasis on it. We go out for dinner, go to watch a movie, go to the pub just us, go for a walk on the beach, go away for a night/weekend. We can't afford to do it every weekend but we do it a lot. Its not something that we make a conscious effort to do its just something we've always done since we started going out.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a challenge, especially since I have kids and we'd have to find sitters - but it's important to try to go on dates in LTR's. Keep it fresh.

• During my last, 3 and something years long relationship, we were going out at least once a week, just the two of us.

You should just tell her "let's go to the restaurant", and do it. It's a little attention that is charming, I think.

• YES! If you want to have a long happy marriage, you will continue to date in marriage.