Thinking about giving online dating a try but not sure, any thoughts?

tried it before but didn't have much success but that was a couple years ago . not currently seeing anyone and most of the girls I meet during the summer either have bf's allready or are back at colleges far away so don't really have any options at this time locally of girls to date and one that was only an hour away rejected me unfortuently , I could of dated her but she wasn't feeling it , not sure if online can find anything but might be worth a try ? any thoughs on this ? or ideas as to how to go about it online

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a good option. Don't get your hopes up. Don't let your ego, or self confidence take a hit. I like how in less than 30 seconds, I know everything I need to know about a girl (except true personality) to determine if, and how interested I am in her. Learning the same info would take weeks in real life.

• after a bad experience with a girl I figure it can't be that bad an option for time being , if profile is accurate can learn a lot quickly I agree

• Just don't invest a bunch of time emailing before you ask about meeting.

What Girls Said 1

• It really depends which sites you use - Try several sites managed by People Media for your age range. Always follow the safety rules for online dating. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• I think there's a lot of potential for online dating. I like how you can get an idea of what their interests are.

• Well be prepared once again for a lot of tough competition

• yeah I imagine there is more single guys online here than girls as the datable girls seem to already have bf's or are off at school far away

• Good luck. Dating sites are chalked full of insecure girls who are hiding emotional issues though. People rave about the benefits of online dating yet seem so naive to realize that people can act like the person they want to be and it's been that way for the history of the internet.