Why am I suddenly feeling hurt?

I broke up with my ex back in January after a year and a half of dating. I just wasn't ready to be so serious while I'm in college. I had several flings since the breakup and I felt like I was really over him. He and I stayed friends and talked often, but in July he told me he was dating someone, and we stopped talking as regularly. I wasn't hurt when he told me. I kind of felt happy for him, but in the last week I started feeling hurt and jealous out of no where. I don't know if I'm just lonely or what, but I don't know how to get over this feeling because I'm not ready for a serious relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably lonely and still have feelings for him.

What Guys Said 2

• Welcome to Grieving! :D

• I don't know... I have never heard of that

What Girls Said 1

• well ! I know this feeling - it sucks to leave someone and then regret I think in most times it hurts way more than being the dumpee one - but tell you something your feeling of hurt must be out of the feeling of familiarity you had towards your boyfriend - I mean you know him well and you know him when he is inlove - you know how would he treat the new girl and what will she love about him the most - I guess those things you know hurts when you have left him and you know those things are now for someone else - but trust me if you have already moved onit will only take a while and just fade away - you are just giving something you had for someone else and it hurts to do whatever the thing was , I hope I kinda made it clearer for you now ,tc xxx