Guys, short, boring texts = no chemistry?

So I've been doing online dating and a few messaging guys. I've noticed that most of them send very short texts that don't really facilitate a conversation. I haven't met with them yet, but the short texts makes me feel like there's no chemistry between us.

Do you think it's true that boring texting equates a lack of chemistry?

What Guys Said 1

• I prefer to send short texts...most of the chemistry happens in a live conversation...in a coffee shop, at a park, or on a beach, but not a smartphone screen... life's too short for that.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't feel a chemistry, then there is none.

I think it depends on how you feel. You might want to go on an actual date before you decide one way or another, but I can understand if you don't get much of the guy's personality during the text then you really have nothing that would make you *want* to see the guy either.

A lot of the online guys you're running into are probably just mass texting girls and not looking for anything more than a hookup either so if you feel like its kind of impersonal then it's for a reason