Guys, if you're not in a relationship, do you only focus on one girl at a time, or do you date multiple girls?

Guys,

If you went on a date with a girl that you were definitely interested in, but was still getting to know, would you still date other women--just in case it didn't work out? Or do you exclusively think about and go out with that one girl until it turns into a relationship?

It's probably different for everyone, but I'm curious what different guys do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I keep my options open. "Oneitis" link is something that inflicts me if I pay too much attention to one girl. I don't date multiple girls at once, but I don't stop flirting or socialising with other girls link .Obviously when it reaches a point wherea relationship is about to form I start to become more exclusive to the girl like

What Guys Said 20

• I only consider exclusivity if there was already sex. That's just to consider, nothing official still.

Hate me for it, but it's saved me so much time on women while allowing me to focus on the ones I like. My stress significantly dropped down to almost nothing once I made this move. I basically stay friends and let the interest do the talking.

• I would prioritise her and give her my full attention, I wouldn't want to run a risk by dating another woman but be thinking about another, because that to me would be a crash in respect to the one I was dating, so I personally would only concentrate on one female at a time. If the dates did not work out, I would then feel available to date and then seek another.x

• When I was single I was in school still. You tended to get to know people as friends and then either become a couple or not.

My friends who I see dating now, it tends to be more 'dates' of someone they've met and are getting to know and they would date multiple people till thy decided to be exclusive, often when they start having sex.

• Romance = one at a time

Friends = many, each suitable for a different event, venue; i.e. some like to swim, others golf, others dance, etc.

• I pretty much talk to multiple girls and hope something comes out of it. I prefer not to do it that way but if I put all my effort into one girl, chances are I'm just wasting my time. It's not as simple as just asking a girl out for coffee and the next thing you know, you have a girlfriend. Remember girls are very cautious about guys and even a simple coffee date can be nearly impossible.

• I wouldn't even go out with someone unless I was really interested in only them, so I would not date around. I'm sure many people would consider that a mistake, but it's my way.

• I like to focus on just one but I probably have better results when I have more to date at once...

• I used to only date one girl but that backfired most of the time so I now date multiple girls but if I find what I like I stop.

• its not like there's a rule or something.

It, like everything else in life, is gonna vary based on the people. I dated two girls at the same time before but I've also dated girls from the start exclusively. It really depends on who she is

• I would date one girl at a time.

• I'd think about one girl.

• At 37, it's an exclusive thing for me. The real question is what do you prefer?

• As there is no exclusivity, I don't see the issue.

• I think this depends on how one defines "dating". When I'm single I'll "talk" to more than one girl at a time. I'm physically attracted to these girls, and I'll get to know them by flirting and talking with them, and do this with several girls at a time, but when I decide that I actually want to date a girl, I'll date her exclusively. Some people would consider the flirting and "talking" part of dating, and if that is the case then I guess I date multiple girls at a time, but I don't consider that dating. Dating to me is when I actually go out on dates. Where we are actually moving pass the flirting and have started making physical contact, and are going places to spend time together. Stereotypically the movies, but other events as well. Maybe bowling, go-kart racing, mini-golf etc etc. To me, that's dating, and when I get to that stage it's only one girl.

• i will just date that one girl

• Date multiple girls.

• Well I tend to look around, flirt with different girls, maybe go on a couple of short shallow dates like coffee but as soon as I feel any type of something towards a particular girl everyone else gets put on the back burner. But generally speaking it's one at a time.

• Totally depends on the girl (if I weren't extroverted and even a player) ...so if I honestly thought I could build a life together with this girl I would totally ditch all other girls for her.

If I didn't think I would want her for the rest of my life then I would probably date other girls

...but sadly I'm introverted and not a player - and if this guy is like that, then you are very probably the only girl in his life right now

• I wouldn't but that's probably why I'm single.

• yeah I'd date other women.

What Girls Said 1

• How can guys afford all of these dates?