Will you date girls who are smarter than you? Why or why not?

I have a GPA of 98.04 and I'm taking 3 honors classes and two classes that are two grades above my grade level. I'm not saying this to brag, but it's part of the information that goes with my question... I've always been fairly smart, and now that online classes are offered at my school I'm able to take honors classes for the first time in my high school years. I've always gotten sneered at and insulted for getting good grade, but that usually comes from females. But recently I've been getting extremely nasty comments from guys about being "too smart" and being a jerk for making everyone feel dumb. I don't mean to do that, and I have NEVER rubbed my grades in anybody's faces. I've only ever had one boyfriend who truly appreciated my smartness, and the only other on I had turned out to only have one thing on his mind... and that was sex unfortunately. Do you think my brains are what are keeping guys from liking me? I'm a pretty good all around athlete; I was top scorer on my soccer team last year, and I got the most runs for my team during softball, and I have the best time for girls on my cross country team. . . I'm slightly shy, so I doubt my personality is overwhelming to guys. So I just can't see why I can't attract any guy. So here's my question... Guys, will you date girls who are smarter than you? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the reality is that most males try to get girls attention by impressing them, and guys may be at a loss as to how they can be impressive when you're both very smart and athletic. They may think you're out of their league.

That said, you HAVE had a few boyfriends in high school, so ... I wouldn't assume anything is 'wrong'. As you move forward in life, you'll be surrounded by far more guys who have similar brains to you, and won't be intimidated by it. Some will also have 98.04 GPA ... but you'll also be around a lot of guys who coasted to low 90's, and won't feel dumber than you even if you have studied your way to better marks.

Generally I'd maybe be a little aware that guys may think you're out of their league and you might need to flirt slightly (not dramatically) more to give them the hint they have a chance.

I think you'll find it gets easier when you're past high school though.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes I would date a girl smarter than me. You sound like a high quality girl and unless you told me I would think that some other guy has your heart. Smart paired with interesting, fun, etc is great. Smart paired with cocky and know-it-all is no good. Any girl that isn't average probably has to do more to get a relationship. Go that extra mile if you will because the assumption is that she may have higher standards or my not be offering much. I suggest you find a guy you are interested in and just show him that you like him the way he is and would make a good partner for you.

Also you should evaluate yourself and the kind of person you are without your achievements/accomplishments. Would do you offer out side of your education and sports.

• I could date a girl smarter than me because I think smart is beautiful. If she is smarter than me so be it I catch hell for being shy and smart as well but that really doesn't matter. If my girl was smarter than me it would be actually interesting to see how much she knows. Well I'm one of those odd guys who are attracted to Smart girls. I also think guys give you those nasty comments possibly because they don't know how to approach you

• Some people will just feel inferior if anyone is smarter than them.It's their loss,and there's not much you can do about that.That covers those who think you're too smart.

Most others will have some confidence in their own intelligence.You really can't be too intelligent,and most people admire intelligence.

The shyness could be what's slowing down your love life,but it shouldn't.

If you can look at men the right way during the first one minute or so,and a well-timed smile helps,it will all change.

• You've hit the nail on the head - your shy personality is probably the biggest factor. Not your intelligence or athletic ability.

• No, not because there are any but seriously because it is in fact they will rub it in your face. An ex girlfriend of mine was jealous that I have a great job and she is still waiting tables despite having a degree, and always tried to sound like it should be the other way around.

• I haven't met one smarter then me and doubt I will!

• Who cares what her GPA is? Does she look good?

• I would - intelligence is sexy.

• Sure. Smart is a good thing. But attractive, fun and nice are more important.

What Girls Said 0