Does a guy need to know or remember his girlfirend's period cycle date?

Also, what can a guy do during this time to make her feel better?

Most Helpful Girl

• you don't need to but it would be a nice gesture not to have to ask or assume she's not and have the girl say no and have to explain, its not like clockwork for every woman though so she might have random days and you'll never be able to predict it accurately

i get severe cramps and I get irritable quickly although I try not to snap at my boyfriend, its not his fault after all and no one deserves to deal with a psycho once a month. just try not to do anything irritating like ask stupid questions or repeating questions or continually asking if she's OK.

i like those deep heat creams you can rub on your belly to relax your muscles, obviously its not going to relax my uterus and make the pain stop but the heat on my stomach numbs the pain enough and distracts me from it making me more comfortable. I need to take multivitamins with extra iron in them to prevent from becoming anaemic (I have low blood pressure naturally and a heavy blood loss on my period) or ill feel faint when I stand up so if she has anything like that you can get the bottle out of the cupboard and have it by her nightstand for her along with any soothing creams or a hot water bottle and some chocolate (just a bar or 2 will do not need for one of those fancy boxes of individual chocolates) and a hot mug of cocoa or something else hot she likes she can cuddle up with.

dont force your company if she prefers to be by herself though and don't try to belittle her by calling her a wimp for making a fuss about the pain, my cramps hurt worse than being tattooed on my shoulders and my ankle which I withstood without making a sound. theyre not just tiny stomach aches and were being babies about it for sympathy

• also don't feel like you need to be her personal slave for the week, if she has a severe period like I do she's still not dying of a horrendous disorder so don't feel like you should have to make it up to her in any way possible and let her boss you about as that's not fair on you

What Girls Said 7

• no, but it would be nice to be aware so if she does start to seem irritable or anything, you don't assume she's just being mean... haha. If you do remember (Which would be sweet on your part, but don't make a big deal about it... it's kinda embarrassing, and almost creepy if she knows you're keeping tabs... XP) then it's best to be nice during pms, and have extra grace for her if she's an especially crabby type, NEVER blame her mean-ness on PMS. No girl thinks she's being crabby when it's happening, so your likely to be smacked. Just apologize, and give her some space. And if she's a heavy cramper, UGH! Ask her what she does to help cramps. Personally, I take ibuprofen, and use a heating pad. And if she's on a bed or couch, don't touch it! Even the slightest movement hurts... XP ow...) Really, if she's feeling bad, the only thing you can do is ask what she likes. She knows what makes her feel better, and it's different for everyone. Some people just want to be alone, while others feel super ugly and lonely and unloved.

• I don't think he needs to remember at all, my husband usually knows what day around or just asks. I don't know about making a girl feel more comfortable, I don't really suffer many symptoms, no mood swings, not much discomfort, so I guess it would depend what she went through.

• No. He just needs to be understandable and patient because she doesn't feel good.

• Eh, no. I can keep up with it on my own just fine. And I don't need my boyfriend to do anything special. It's JUST a period.

• Nope it is unimportant.

• I guess to make her feel better just understand if she doesn't want to go out because she doesn't feel well.Just be understanding I guess.

• No,I can't see why that's necessary.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd recommened it if only to be able to anticipate when PMS is going to kick in so that you can be extra nice during that time.