Boyfriend will send me a <3 in texts?

Just curious what that really means lol. He did it yesterday out of nowhere. Is it a way to say I love you without saying it? (cause we haven't said it yet) just curious as to what guys interpret it meaning :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't take texts seriously at all, I've met people who send kisses in the first text they ever send you... Them sending me hearts isn't far off. I'd not read into it much, for me it's only ever turn out to be attraction and nothing really deep and meaningful. But since you're already dating I'd hope the attraction bit already exists.

What Guys Said 3

• honestly.. you should focus on making your communication WAY better with him. Its not very good if you are asking this here

• lol I was just curious to hear from other guys. I don't have guy friends to toss these things around :) Guys aren't big on texting, at least mine isn't so was just curious what it meant.

• im not trying to be mean. you will be a lot better off if you jsut start taking chances to say whatevers on your mind and open those doors up . don't worry so much and try to guess... just ask and get past those initial scary moments where you're worried what his reaction will be.

• I know you're not lol. Its just not a serious thing to talk about :P if I have a real problem or issue I can tell him in a heart beat. But I'm not trying to over think things. Was just curious lol.

• instead of a heart I usually send this 8==========D

but usually <3 would be like saying I love you. same thing it means when a girl does it.

• Its a heart. It probably doesn't mean much

What Girls Said 6

• I find it's generally used as a sign of affection, not quite "I love you", but still good. Not very serious.

• To me it's a sign of affection and I would interpret it that way since I'm way past the "I love you" stage. It's a good sign and if you've been going out for a while maybe he is on his way to saying "I love you." Don't just expect that now, though lol.

Next time you send him a text put a heart at the end, just like he did. It will let him know that you liked it :)

• Well <3 is like a heart (?) that is turned sideways. (Like with :) )

So he's like saying " I love you" in emoticons c:

P.S. The c: is a smiley face (c is mouth, : is eyes)�

• It's a heart.

• <3

• You do know that <3 is supposed to depict a heart, right?