On a first date should a girl dress sweet or sexy?

You only get one chance to make a first impression so for a first date so should a girl go sweet say a bubble gum pink sundress or sexy as in breaking out the red high heels with a black dress and a red leather jacket?

• Sweet
  • Sexy
  • Other(comment)/see answer

Most Helpful Guy

• Either would be good.

But, really, it's the thought that counts.

Even I as a guy make some obvious effort to look good for a date (despite the more limited scope, such as not being able to use make-up). If a girl obviously didn't make an effort, I'd be disappointed. I'd view it as a character flaw, and I probably wouldn't ask her out again.

What Guys Said 3

• How about being yourself? How can you expect to be genuinely appreciated for who you are if you are trying to be more like what you think other people want?

if I (the man) did not like your presentation, then obviously I am not the right one for you anyway. And if I allowed something as meaningless as your sense of style determine your worth as a relationship candidate, then obviously I don't deserve to share your company to begin with.

if you are feeling sweet..roll with that. If you are feeling sexy...roll with that. If he doesn't like it, there is always another who will!

• Why can't a girl be sweet and sexy? This question is about which foot to put forward on a first date, not acceptance of yourself...

• To me, sweet and sexy is an oxymoron. I already suggested the foot you put forward is the foot you happen to be in the mood for and not to worry too much because if someone is going to not do date #2 because of an outfit - that person is a tool. (unless you wore something really crazy like a Halloween costume or your pajamas lol)

• I'd say sweet with a hint of sexy

• Haha I like it but can you elaborate as to what you mean?

• Like dress cute but don't go and flaunt everything you got right away, first dates are more about getting to know each other.

• Why not a bit of both?

• But leaning to which one?

• Where is the first date and how do you know the guy? What's he like?

What Girls Said 5

• I think sweet is nice, but I guess it can also depend where you are going.

• Sweet! Too sexy can give the guy the impression you only want one thing. And that thing is definitely not a relationship.

• Well what I usually do is come up with an outfit that's sweet but also sexy but also elegant.

• What's the impression she wants to give? Where's the date taking place? I'd dress according to all that. I don't like pink, but sundresses are nice.

• I'm just talking in general for a basic date which one would you lean to?

• Sweet and a little sexy.

• What about mixing it up? I'm not a believer of both extremes, so I usually mix it up. A frilly cute top that's kinda transparent, a skirt that's not too girls, and some cute heels (not too high but also not flats) or strappy sandals

• You had me at transparent top!

• exactly. So the sexy part would be the rather transparent top, just to tease a bit, and the rest go with cute

• Haha I'm 100% with you I just have to perfect outfits that I can't decide between and one is more to the sweeter side and the other leans more towards sexy... I love and want to wear them both so I figured throw it out to a poll ;)