Guy has asked for my number & only texts me once a day to say hi!!

I have this guy who I got chatting to at a bar in my lunch hour, he asked for my number and only texts me every morning to say 'morning sexy'...i reply back saying morning and asking how he is...and nothing back! I am finding the whole thing very irritating and extremely rude that he cannot answer me properly...and he is the one who is suppose to interested! I honestly thing his is not that bothered...i don't bother texting him unless he texts me...but that's all the interest I'm getting! can any of you fellas shine a light on this rude behavior!?

well guys and gals no further txtx...but no love loss...even if he does I'm far to preoccupied being chatted up by a really gorgeous guy...wish me luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming from a guy that this happened from and now that I am interested she is doing it back - haha gotta love mind games ;;

Reason why I did this to the girl I was interested in (knew her for 2 weeks) ::

My blood brother told me she was up on another dude at his house, my brother has EXCELLENT rep. with me and never has lied in the past over a female issue - which is why I help him through anything he needs, we have great communication.

Rather than attacking her and being involved in the jealousy game - I walked away and made her come to me...

(NOTE* - She was up on another guy, but she is that type of person; but I'm now realising that she can be dancing etc with someone else but be devoted WHEN ---> key point ---> when she is "with" someone meaning relationship)

Reason why she is doing this back - to my knowledge and my friends

She took the effort to make a move and declare that she "wants" me and I shunned her advance before *points up* ;; She took this as a form of rejection and wasnt going to tolerate it, now that I am interested again she is still 7/10th's interested in me ;; NOW that I am interested she is trying to make me realise that I need to fight for what I want, but at the same time she is pulling the ball really far in her court to make it seem unreasonable - but I have enough to make me feel comfortable.

----------------

MY ADVICE

----------------

Don't subject yourself to this type of b.s. if he has the balls to call you sexy etc but not enough balls to text you back then obviously he can't find the time and/or ego to converse with you ;; This should be setting off a red flag. Obviously we all have "the little monkey" over our backs that does this, and so if he's shy, it could mean he heard something he didn't like and he may be testing the waters before he jumps into the ocean =/

I would honestly stop responding to his texts all together - give it 3-4 days and if he is still texting you then confront him about what he's doing. Straight forward - call him and if he answers be like "How come you can text me morning sexy, but you can't find the time of day to actually talk with me? It seems like your not interested" DONT STOP ---> follow this with :: "How do you feel about this?" You have to be willing to listen to his point of view or else this guy will bottle up and be like "Whatever... I don't need this *click*... Guys have egos like that sadly to say.

Just writing from how it relates to my situation - let me know if anything proved relevant as I was mainly blabbering. Hope it helps you though!

• Excellent advice thanks....and I'm thinking along the same lines, but its nice to get some validation....he prob automaticaly sends the 'morning sexy' txt to about 5 other women anyway...lol!! takes more than that to make me look closer I'm afraid!!

• ^_^ agreed - to help future generations that look at this thread, could you select "best answer" award so that this is at the top.. That way they see some actual references to what has happened to others ^_^.

P.s. thank you for your time - if I could help in the future let me know, I'm sending you an add request

• Hah ^^^^ I forgot your anonymized, send me an add request if you don't mind ^_^

What Guys Said 12

• RUDE!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Sorry for shouting. But basically you had a guy go through all that effort, and take all those chances with you, and now you say he's rude because he won't treat you like a princess?

Let me get this straight:

- He shows interest

- You don't show it back or reciprocate (never text him first)

- And now you insult him?

Its simple. He's only interested if you're interested. So he keeps throwing enough interest to let you know that he's interested in an *equal, reciprocal relationship". He's not going to chase you, and he's only interested if you are interested in being an equal giver.

• O man. never saw it that way! guy keeps doin the same to me, text me first thn stop? I never text him back for the same reasons as her. made me thinkkkkk

• But why be so lazy? not just text us more and try hang out. if a girl answered she is interested. stop playin the stupid game.

• I don't think I know many men over 30 who are good at texting or find it to be easier than actual talking on the phone. I don't know... you could... call him. That's worth a try.

But seriously, perhaps he's really shy and just not sure what to say. So obviously a hi and good morning doesn't hurt at all. Entice him more. He needs momentum and encouragement.

• I am not sure but I feel guy is trying to show some attitude or creating his importance in your life by not reply you. He might be purposefully send you a txt saying that "sexy morning" so that from morning onwards you start thinking about him and later own he won't respond you well to creat importance of himself in your life. So I personnel feel don't give undue advantage to this guy , if he really like you definitely he comes back to you and let you know.

• How long ago did he ask you for your number?

How long has this been happening?

• 3 days...so not long...but the fact that he is not putting much effort into his supposed interest...says he really isn't that bothered.....im not hurt by it I just find it really rude no matter who does that kind of thing....its common courtesy just to reply...with an apology at least for not being abe to answer!!!!

• I won't sweat it...3 days is not a big deal. If you are interested in him let him know you are and put the ball in his court to see what's up! If he's interested he will get back to you, if not, no broken hearts over 3 days of morning texts!

• RudyLady, she *is* putting the ball in his court: she asks how he's doing, what his day was like... and he ignores her.

I call that a red flag.

• Good luck and be aware this can happen a lot, just don't go falling madly in love with some guy in a bar, let them make an effort to see you, sounds like bar guy 1 didn't really care that much.

• Can't really help you, I'm not really sure of it myself. It is annoying and stupid, but it isn't rude. He doesn't owe you anything.

• More then likely he;s just keepin contact so it's not weird to call you late night for "something". It's a way of keeping conection without putting any effort. as a man it sounds lazy even for that.

• thats a pretty funny scenario.

and I can only laugh at it. hahaha

the best advice I can give is to either confront him, or ignore texts from him

• Good Luck!

• He wants to stick it in your pooper.

• He's an ass and you should forget about him. He just wants you body

• Maybe he is really busy? or severely introverted, ie. not bold enough to make a real move? not protecting him, just shining possible light on it. :P either way, not really worth pursuing, is it?

• Nah this guy's profession is to sell...he is sports lawyer and agent...he is not shy...and certainly wasnt when he asked for my number!!

What Girls Said 7

• I would honestly not even really give him another thought. If he texts I would maybe text back hello but I wouldn't ask him anything more. Reason being? It doesn't make sense he'd say hi and nothing more. No big deal. Don't let him get to you.

• he's just after sex.. he's keeping contact alive.. but isn't keen to get into all the conversations and stories.. its blatantly silly that they think they can not even have a convo with you and get sex.. yeh people are busy but there is no excuse to not rely to a text back even to say sorry I'm busy.. he's just not that into you ... good idea talk only to the ones who DO show interest that you don't have to chase or make initial contact

• he's playing childish mind games, you don't need that. Play back don't reply to his texts anymore. Move on from him and if he's smart enough he'll go back to you and won't play games anymore either that or he wasent good enough for you anyway

• I have had this happen a couple times. Guys ask for my number and then a day later they just stop talking that much. They will send me random texts saying "hey what's up" or "hows it goin" or something like that but other then that I don't really get any other texts from them unless they are in the mood.

So I wouldn't put much thought into it right now. Maybe he might have lost interest or he could have found someone else to talk to. You never know, it could be any reason.

• He's not that into you and guys do things they later realize they were not that into.

• Sorry, not a fellah...but gotta tell you that this is not a dating malady unique to you. It's common to the point where these guys actually have a handle: ATNA. All Text No Action. Go where the action is.

• this same exact thing happneed to me with one guy! I no how irritating it is! especially when they don't respond after you answer them, it makes you feel like a jerk for even saying hi how are you in the first place...nothing ever amounted with this guy and I met him in AUGUST, to this day he STILL pops up with his "morning sunshine" as well out of the blue...he actaully just called me at 8 and I just texted him saying "i saw you called me what's up", and he has yet to answer me back, and most likely wont! normally these guys are too preoccuppied with their lives, or just have a bunch of other girls there doing the exact same thing too..i noticed that if you don't answer them and don't give them attn they suddenly become more persistant and actaully CALL, but they usually go back to their old ways once you show interest again...