Is he wrong for communicating with a past lover?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years. I have never been with someone so different and genuine towards me. He's caring and will do whatever it takes to make sure I'm OK. Recently we've been having some trouble because I saw a conversation in his phone between him and a girl from his past. (I wasn't snooping, he had told me about it.) He told me about a month ago he missed her as a friend (they had never dated, though). He knows it makes me upset but I saw a convo where he had asked her if she thought of him? she replied, "Yes, why, do you think of me a lot?" and he had said yes, you were a big part of my freshman year etc etc. I don't know if I'm overacting but isn't that something that should not be said? Before we had started dating, he had rejected me for her. Am I the back option because he couldn't have her? Please need some advice for anyone.

Thank you in advance.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He's playing with fire and you need to be careful.

No it doesn't definitely mean he's cheating or thinking about it, BUT he knows it bothers you and he does it anyway. If you're more important than your feelings should come before hers.

• I think that if I read that it would upset me but if he really is as genuine as you say then you should talk to him and ask him about it